KG 3.2 Speaker Cover Replacements Needed

cbaker

Have you tried calling 1-800-KLIPSCH to see if they have some replacement grills for KG3.2s?

A small thin layer of silicone should do the trick. You really don't need to worry about the small hole, but you might want to do the silicon to make sure it doesn't get any worse. You could just monitor it closely, and if it doesn't worsen then leave it well enough alone. How did it happen? Is it really a tear or is the rubber getting old and cracking?

I might be willing to sell them, but do know that it won't be for cheap. Like I said, I do have an application for them -- so by selling them that means I'm going to have to make some from scratch (and buy some Klipsch nameplates). Let me take a look at them as well as snap some pictures for you.

Be aware that it is possible to replace those passive radiators with ports (without really changing the sound). I just mention that so you know if the rips gets worse and you're not able to stop it.

I took a quick look at them, and other that having a thick coat of dust of them they look good. I don't have time now to properly clean them up and take pictures, but I should be able do that sometime next week. Being that selling these grills means I'm going to have to take the time to build a new pair (and buy some logos for them) I'm going to have to ask $60 for the pair. Just for reference, I wanted to let you know I have an old parts price list from Klipsch -- that they used to have published on their website long ago -- that shows the cost of replacement grills for the KG3.5s to be $42 each (including the logos). The KGx.5 series was as far back as that list showed, but I assume that grills for the KG3.2 would have been in that same ballpark. No need to make a final decision until after I get you some pictures, but if that price is totally out of your price range do let me know so I don't bother with the pics.

• 2 weeks later...