Klipsch Hearing Protection a.k.a. Saving Your Hearing For The Ultimate Sound Experience

BLSamuel

OK, I know that due to the HUGE OUTPUT capabilities of Klipsch speakers many will view the subject as an oxymoron.

I'm sure many professional sound and lighting guys would prefer something more comfortable to what they're using. Yeah, I'm sure the real professionals have custom molded monitors but I suspect there are lower level sound and lighting guys who are sticking nasty things in their ears and/or using the really hot sealed up circumaural types.

But the market I'm really thinking about is the average carpenter, factory worker, mower, lumberjack, and home do it yourself types.

Any possiblity of producing a line of inexpensive comfortable in ear hearing protectors?

More comfortable hearing protection for the average person might mean that more people would protect their hearing (I'm bad about exposing my ears to lawn mowers, string trimmers, etc around the home but have gotten better lately).

Condider it a public service with a bit of marketing potential. Because Klipsch cares about your hearing.

Those cylindrical foam models are TORTURE, the newer softer more cone shaped ones are a big improvement but still VERY IRRITATING. I even tried some of the cone shaped silicon (did they claim that - maybe they're just rubber) conical type joined by a cord and they were even MORE TORTURE, and that's before you take them out.

Do some extra engineering to maximize hearing protection, connect 'em by a cord and you're all set. I would think the silcion tips are relatively affordable (peanuts) compared to the rest of the Custom and IMAGE components

I'm not yet ready to wear my Custom 2s and mp3 player working in my bathroom and crawl space but may have to try that - GREAT sound plus hearing protection... I'm afraid I'd bang up my mp3 player too much.... I think the Custom 2s would be fine, stick 'em in and cinch them up and should be all set.