Heresy 11's Caps ?

kg4guy

If changing to the CT-125 Crites tweeter should you go to the 2uF cap on the tweet? This has come up recently with a possible tweeter upgrade to the CT-125 in the H2.

Thank you,

Harry

Harry,

You would need to do lots of work to use the CT125 in a Heresy II.  The horn won't fit and the CT125 is more sensitive.  

Bob

Not going to switch tweeters in the Heresy11's I might put some titanium diaphrams in if you think there would be a sound change however I do have your CT-125 tweeters in my Heresy 1's and it was a nice upgrade. How many caps and what type are needed in these crossovers, I replaced the 2 in my Heresy 1's and the sound diff. was impressive. Thanks

Not going to switch tweeters in the Heresy11's I might put some titanium diaphrams in if you think there would be a sound change however I do have your CT-125 tweeters in my Heresy 1's and  it was a nice upgrade. How many caps and what type are needed in these crossovers, I replaced the 2 in my Heresy 1's and the sound diff. was impressive. Thanks

You need 6 1.5uF caps and 2 68uF caps to replace all the caps in a pair of Heresy II crossovers.  I use Sonicaps for the 1.5 uF and a non-polarized electrolytic for the 68uF.

Bob Crites