Matching Sub?

detroitcity

Good Evening,

Please forgive my question if it is stupid or if it has been asked a million times before.

I currently own a Harmon Kardon Amp 3385 2 x 80w. (nothing too impressive, but it works for my stage in life)

I also own a pair of Klipsch f1 floorstanding speakers.

I love the sound of my setup, but would love a little more low-end on my music. I don't do any HT, but i listen to a complete variety of music. Is it a good idea to add a sub to this setup? I was thinking a JBL SUB 10 or the Klipsch 10 (the downfiring one). I'd like to spend less than $200.

So the question is, is it a good idea to add a sub to this setup? And if so, which sub will suit my needs best.

I appreciate any feedback on this topic,

Thanks,

CS

Nearly all speakers can benefit from the help of a sub, IMHO. Since the sub covers a (mostly) different frequency range from the main speakers, it doesn't have to be the same brand, since timbre matching does not apply. It should be decent quality, though, and $200 may not buy you a very good quality sub, unless you're buying used.