Volume Control question

bt1024

Textc>

My first question is - Does anyone know if the new CP1 volume control, listed in the Online store under Accessories, is more reliable than the "Stock" volume control that comes with the 4.1's?? I had my "Stock" volume control replaced once and now it seems my Volume control is bad again. My 4.1's are out of Warranty - so, I am considering buying the new CP1.

Second question is - I Would like to buy a set of 5.1's for future use (in 8-12 months) as surround sound speakers for a TV/DVD setup. How long will these speakers be available for purchase and are there any new models due to come out in the next year ??

Other than that, I would like to say that my 4.1's have been Incredible for me for CD music playback. They sound Great!

Thank you,

bt1024

This message has been edited by bt1024 on 01-04-2002 at 12:20 AM

I know that I bought the CP1 as an upgraded Control Pod for my .V2-400s. I think that it is still the upgrade pod for them. I think the 4.1 pod is different. I'm not sure though. I'd contact Amy promediatech@klipsch.com or call her at1-888-554-5665.

Even though your 4.1s might be off warantee, you could probably find out from here the cost and best way to get a replacement control pod.

I don't know about any new speaks due out in the next year, but most companies are tight lipped about any new development until they are ready for release. But since the 5.1s are now just geting reliable and just getting into the retail chain, I think that they will still be the mainstay for the next year or two anyway. But again that's just my guesstimate

------------------

Andy Faull

--

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein

The CP-1 is what comes with all 4.1 speakers, not teh v2.400 which came with a three knob no button control pod, no headphone output or audio input on the control pod.

don't look for a new KLipsch PRoMEdia for a while. Right now the best that there really is is a 5.1 encoding, and for games it is still mostly 4.1. Now though that we have DTS-EX and DD-ES, both 6.1 encodings, there is actual reason for a Klipsch ProMedia 6.1. But I have a feeling that it will not be out for a while. Just adding another center channel for the rear would not be worth production. I am sure that it, when/if it comes out, will have better drivers, maybe an XFET amp, etc etc, no telling really what Klipsch will do if anything.

The 5.1's will be sold for a long time, just think about how long the 2.1's have been for sale?! Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150