Quintet III Speakers "Sag" when mounted to the wall...

keithpj

I've recently purchased a set of the Quintet III speakers and after mounting them to my wall I have 2 of the 4 speakers that will not stay in their adjusted position. The weight of the speakers cause them to sag over night. I've tried loostening and retightening the 3 set screws around the swivel, but nothing works. Any suggestions?

Hello and Welcome!

First thing comes to me is with metal to metal contact would be *Loctite For other applications a 2 part adhesive, or super glue.

Loctite dries quickly enough! Not familiar with the mount, but this adhesive will work on more than screws(metal) and screws I would think are not backing off during the night.

Hope this helps you to find the real solution. Others here will be along more familiar with your design.

http://www.loctite.com/int_henkel/loctite_us/index.cfm? http://www.loctiteproducts.com/glue.asp#results

There is an "anti-sag" device built into the Quintet III. Just in front of the stem that connects the speaker to the base, there is a chrome pin that can be raised or lowered so that it contacts the under side of the speaker when it's in the proper position. So, loosen the 3 bolts, put the speaker in the position you want, tighten the 3 bolts and finally, unscrew the chrome pin so it contacts the bottom of the satellite. Presto! No more sleepy speakers.

There is an "anti-sag" device built into the Quintet III. Just in front of the stem that connects the speaker to the base, there is a chrome pin that can be raised or lowered so that it contacts the under side of the speaker when it's in the proper position. So, loosen the 3 bolts, put the speaker in the position you want, tighten the 3 bolts and finally, unscrew the chrome pin so it contacts the bottom of the satellite. Presto! No more sleepy speakers.

Klipsch does have a solution builtin to accomodate! Please disregard my fixit! LOL! Maybe they got it sorted out!

Thanks!