KG-4 Capacitors

kg4guy

I did notice a big difference in the sound of the KG-4's with the Solen caps in place of the stock ones.The ones I am doing as we speak I am not hearing as big of a difference with the Dayton caps but these caps I replaced I am not sure if they are stock.They aren't the same as the stock caps in the ones that I have the Solen caps in .These are Seacor caps I do not know if the owner that had them before me had replaced them but I can say the Solen caps are much better than the Dayton 1 % metallized polypropylene caps and the Solen caps cost less???

You need two 3uf caps two 8uf caps and two 33uf non-polarized caps.I ordered from Parts Express Solen or Dayton did not have a 8uf caps so I used 8.2 caps not sure if they make 8uf but Parts Express did not have that value .I have not tried any of the High end caps but I may get a pair of Al K's crossovers for a pair of La scalas I plan on getting in 3-4 months.