klipsch rw-10d or rw-12d

mrk1

• 2 weeks later...

Im waiting on my speakers.They are going to be here tomorrow afternoon. I ordered the same combo you have.The rf 62's rc 52 and rs 42's. I will let you know soon I hope! How do you like your speakers?

Actually, I'm EXTREMELY happy with them. Though keep in mind that My OLD system was all Polk speakers (S8s, CS-250-s, S4s) which sounded OK, but didn't have the impact that my new system does. I was actually most impressed with the sound in stereo mode. Sometimes I like to "crank it up" and those Polks just couldn't handle the watts. There was a point on the volume nob where the output didn't get any louder, I'd turn up the volume and the sound only got worse (distorted tweeter & woofer). But, with these Klipsch, I keep turning up the volume and the volume actually keeps getting louder! I can completely fill the entire house with sound with just the RF-62s in stereo mode with the sub turned on. The other thing I noticed is that I can now hear subtle details in music I only heard at my friend's house (He's got the Forte IIs). That was the biggest thing for me. (For instance, guitar strings, you can hear the fingers touching them and not just the sound of the string after it's strummed) I actually believe I get my money's worth in the music I buy now because I can actually hear everything. Those Polks had crystally highs with my Integra receiver, but something was always missing and I could never put my finger on it until I got Klipsch. I'll NEVER look back now!! I think I actually got my money's worth on the receiver now. However there is one negative to having that much detail, these speakers will reveal ANY AND ALL FLAWS in the recording...ACCURATELY!!

Moves are even better now because I have that many more speakers pushing out details I didn't hear before. Every movie I re-watch is a renewed experience. Just be careful using high volume levels. If you overdrive your amplifier the speakers will tell you because the distortion & clipping will be reproduced VERY ACCURATELY. Although I've never heard my Integra Clip before. I love that receiver.... I have only one quam right now, during movies I have to use the "Cinema Filter" because the trebel can get a bit bright when I'm watching movies at a "reference level" which is how I like to watch my movies. But I think that's more the receiver. I'm assuming Integra installed a "Cinema Filter" for a reason...

I reviewed the RF-62s here(I'm the only review right now so give it a read):

http://www.audioreview.com/mfr/klipsch/floorstanding-speakers/PRD_408509_1594crx.aspx

My RC-52 review:

http://www.audioreview.com/mfr/klipsch/center-channels/PRD_408569_2743crx.aspx

My RS-42 review:

http://www.audioreview.com/mfr/klipsch/surround-speakers/PRD_408570_2742crx.aspx

I'm gonna do up an RW-12d review soon but I'm still auditioning this sub in the home considering I just got my hands on it not 3 weeks ago

I gave all my speakers very high marks because everything I've heard in the store and in people's homes have NOT compared in the least. Well maybe the Forte II's but they're so wide I haven't really considered them.