Bert_d

Hi there,

My actual 5.1 HT consists of:

RF-35

RC-35

RB-25 (used as rear surround speakers )

RW-12

I want to replace the RB-25 and had the following in my mind:

I can buy the RF-82 for the same price as the RS-62, or I could buy the RS-35 at a blow-out sale and spend 50% less.

I was thinking of buying the RF-82's and use them as front speakers, and move my RF-35 to the back.

Is this a good idea, or is it better to keep the RF-35's at the front and put the RS-62 or 35 as rear speaker?

I have enough space to place the RF-35 next/behind/aside the sofa

Thanks for the advise

Bert,

Welcome to the Form.

The problem as I see it is,

1. If you got the RF 82's, you'd need to get the Matching Center. (Very important).
2. I think if you Can obtain the RS 35 for the Rear, that would be the very best Solution for you. (also the cheapest).

Good Luck, and post some pictures when you get the system finalized.

Bill,

Thanks for the reply.

1) Doesn't the RC 35 match the RF-82 ? The RF 82 goes a bit lower and higher in freq. than the RF 35 but has a cutoff of 2000 hZ instead of 2600Hz. Is it that incompatible?
2) RS 35 is indeed the cheapest, but my wife doesn't like the shape [:D]
3) Is replacing the RB 25's by RS 35 an upgrade or not?

How important is the surround channel? I was thinking, a surround speaker is a small speaker, and can't get the same "sound-quality" as a floorspeaker. Or don't you need the full sound spectrum from the surround channel?

(how do I post pictures?)

The easiest way to insert an image into a post is to use the attachment feature.

To use this, start a new post by replying to or creating a new thread.

At the top of the posting page are a set of tabs lableled "Compose", "Options", "Related", "Preview".

Click the "Options" tab.

Under "File Attachments" click the "Add / Update" button.

A window will pop-up where you can choose to upload a file or provide a url to a file hosted on the web (must be on a webserver).

You'll want to upload a file from your personal computer. Use the browse button to search your computer's file system for the image* you want to upload. Click save** once you've selected the appropriate image.

(* = You can upload other files besides images, like word documents, Adobe PDF's, etc...)
(** = If the file you're uploading is large it may take a while to upload. There won't be really any indication this is continuing other than the "loading bar" in the status bar at the bottom of your browser).

Once the file has uploaded you can finish writing your post and then post it

Bert,
Honestly, I realize you have the Upgrade bug itching you to get more, bigger speakers............BUT,

With your listening space being so small, I would stay with your current setup.

Surely someone else will jump in here with more recommendations, But you run the risk of having speakers that are to big for your area. This contributes to standing waves of sound or increase reverberations............. Good Luck and thanks for posting the Beautiful pictures.

Yes, that's the right word: "Upgrade bug" !!!!! Lol
But isn't that normal in my case ?? I can get the RS35 300€/pair (=$208)

Picture is in the room "Today"(yes it's a flat, the neighbours hate me already) [H]

By Oktober 2008 our newly build house will be ready. Stand alone house, so I can put the stereo as loud as I wish.
Then the room will be: living 426 cm x 426 cm (or 13,98ft x 13,98ft) + dining room and kitchen (1 open space) see pic

Will the room then still be too small?

post-23680-13819354713954_thumb.jpg

Bert,

Now I see the full Issue.
Check with your Wife, and if she doesn't mind the RF 35 in the Rear, go with your First Idea about the 82's.............

Nice Drawing, and good luck with the Finished House!...............Wow.[;)]

P.S. That is a Great Price for the RS 35's.................but as you stated eariler (the wife doesn't like the shape).....[:'(]

In fact my story goes like this:

2 years ago I wanted to buy a HT system and at that time it was only B&W I wanted (before listening to them), the 600 series.
Arrived in the shop the 600's were greath .... until the seller swithched to the Dali Ikon 6, Whow wat a diffrence, and noticed that there is more than only B&W (with all respect)

On internet I read that Klipsch was a well known brand in the USA, and started to search for Klipsch dealers.
On the net I found a shop at the seaside (100km drive) who sold Klipsch. And again a new world went open for me.
I listend to som RB35's on a Primaluna tube amp, and from that moment I knew Klipsch was my cup of thee.

Afterwards I went to an other shop and listened the RF35's

And now 2 years later I wanted to upgrade my system, but I didn't listen to the RC64 and RS62, I had confidence in Klipsch (and after reading a french Blog of a Klipsch fan, who does some research and tests and posts the results on his blog)