Synergy Center C-3

Kynergy

Which stores sell this? I can't find any. Bestbuy.com used to sell it, sometimes at 20% off. Now they pulled it off. No local store sells it. Klipsch dealers only carry Reference and THX. Why Klipsch has this kind of poor marketing?

I got F-3 and need the C-3. I don't want to settle on C-2. Currently I use my old fronts from Onkyo HTIB connected in series as center and it's OK. But I still wonder if the C-3 wil do a much better job.

• Moderators

Hello!

The Synergy line was developed specifically for Best Buy, and have historically only been sold in Best Buy. It seems demand has not been as high for the larger C-3 model, so they choose to pull them. We are looking for another outlet, possibly Amazon.com soon.

Thank you Amy for your quick reply. Amazon is a great choice. Buy.com has the C-2 at great price but I really want to match F-3 with C-3. These are my first Klipsch speakers. I had known this brand long time ago and was into it for some reason. I think I will get much better reference speakers in the future, too.

That's not good. I recently purchased a pair of F3's from Best Buy on black Friday. (got a killer deal) My next purchase was to be the C3. I have held off on purchasing a set of speakers for this long because I didn't want to be in a situation where I could no longer buy the rest of the matched speakers for a surround sound setup.

I never knew the synergy line was created specifically for Best Buy. They don't appear to even offer the C3 online anymore.

I sure hope another outlet is found.

The only problem with Amazon.com is shipping will cost a fortune.

Amazon had free shipping on most goods over $25 unless it's too bulky or heavy. For this speaker I guess it will be shipped free. Buy.com has wonderful sales on a lot of items and usually ship them free. But for the C-2 they do charge on shipping. However, C-2 is small and I don't want it drag the F-3 down.

I knew this was going to happen. It's one of the dangers of not buying the entire matched set at
once. The only problem with doing that is it costs a small fortune:

Pair of F-3's = $1000
C-3 = $400
Pair of S-3's = $1000
12' Sub = $500
--------------------------------
Grand Total $2900 (rough estimate of course)

Too bad we can't just order them direct from Klipsch.

Only the fronts and center must be matched for good sound. The surrounds are less important and you can use some other model or brand speakers. Klipsch is not very good at making sub and you are certainly fine to use other model or some better brands.

I have been happy with the mini sub that comes with the pro media 4.1 system.

Not to go off topic, but what are your qualms with their subs? The only other self powered
subwoofer I have owned was a 15'in Cerwin-Vega. The amplifier died in it after roughly 5 years of
use.

• Moderators

Hmm, I like our subs, too [:)]

I found out from sales that Amazon is closer than I thought to getting these. They already have a listing here, and should be getting the product in within the next couple weeks.

Good to see Amazon has it. It would be better for Klipsch to sell them also at Buy.com and Costco. In that case one single merchandise won't monoply the price. Amazon seems to sell just at MSRP. KSW-10 sub will be on sale at Costco in Feb. Good deal. But if you really want a powerful sub Klipsch Sub-12 is excellent.

Guest srobak

Only the fronts and center must be matched for good sound. The surrounds are less important and you can use some other model or brand speakers. Klipsch is not very good at making sub and you are certainly fine to use other model or some better brands.

This is not entirely accurate. Timbre all the way around should be as evenly as possible. Back in the days of Pro Logic 1 & 2 - this was more true than not, as it was purely ambient sound that was back there. Nowadays however - you have significant and primary audio coming from all around... and you do not want to hear a throaty V8 start ahead of you and to the left, passing to the right and towards the area behind you and have it sound like a VW Beetle by the time it gets there. $.02

Also - Klipsch is not only very good at making subs, but some of their models are downright awesome. Fist Of God caliber. :)

Guest srobak

The only problem with doing that is it costs a small fortune:

Pair of F-3's = $1000
C-3 = $400
Pair of S-3's = $1000
12' Sub = $500
Grand Total $2900 (rough estimate of course)

Hrm... I think you paid a bit much...

RF-35's = $700
RC-62 (free upgrade due to a bad RC-35) = $280
RS-42's (free upgrade due to out of stock RS-35's) = $350
Synergy Series Sub12 (BB on sale prior to Xmas 2006) = $380
Grand total $1710

Note: Sound Distributors is where I got all of the Reference series at... they were very good to me. They also sell a COMPLETE RF-35 series package including mains, center, surrounds and sub for $2k.

srobak, I knew my that post is not accurate. I posted that just for the case that one can't find matching surrounds. I agree with your post. For low end Klipsch sub they do not go low frequencies around 20, at least on their specs. Maybe they still sound awesome. I read on other websites and a lot of people opted to choose other brands subs around $300-400 even they have Klipsch for the LCR.

hello there! i am new to this forum so please excuse my limited knowlege.

i recently purchased a pair of F2s and I have been stressing over if I should match them with the C-2 or go for the C-3.

what is everyone's thoughts on this? i am in canada and the C-3 is quite a bit more expensive than the C-2..but is it worth the extra money?

i was shocked to see that best buy USA pulled the C-3 the day after boxing day becuase i would have gotten it from them since is is a lot cheaper

than the canadian price and our dollar is pretty much on par. any help would be greatly appreciated! cheers md

• 2 weeks later...