Wall mounting ks-525... which mount?

hifiaudio2

The manual says that it uses Omnimount 20.0 but the online pictures of that mount show a single bolt, not the 2 bolt vertical pattern that I see on the back of the speaker. Plus, that speaker is at the 20lb limit...

I checked the Omnimount 30.0 but it looks like a 4 hole design...

Any help?

Thanks!

• 3 years later...

*BUMP* as I wish to know the answer to this question as well. Amazon reviews say the Omnimount 20 sags even with 10-13lb speakers... anyone have any experience with this? Anyone know which mount to use for the KL-120 as well? The highest the mounts will hold is 30lbs according to the Omnimount website?

I used the Omnimount 30.0 for my 525's. I always go overboard on the strength -- also ensured that I mounted into a wall stud. Have not had any trouble with speakers moving or slanting, etc. Only problem is me hitting my head on the speakers from time to time while vacuuming (will cause some pain). Be sure to adjust the bolts after a few days from mounting to ensure all is tight.

Cool, thanks for the input kde. I'll most likely go with Omnimount 30.0 for the ks-525. Any one else have input for KL-650 (40lbs) mounts? =D

Yikes -- I misspoke. I thought the 525s were the rear ones (just realized they were the sides). I use an Omnimount for the rears, but the sides are fluish mounted to the wall. Looking back, I wish that I would have used a mount for the sides since I had to cut a hole in the sheetrock for the 525 speaker plugs. I am really not sure why Klipsch built them not able to flush mount. If you use a mount on the sides, then you will likely need a wide room other wise you may have to duck around them (depending on room configuration).

I'll check the model of the rear mount. Whatever I have I am pleased with. For the side, I would use whichever mounts are the slimest -- the speakers are not that heavy.

No worries kde. I think I wrote KL instead of KS by accident.

Just to clarify: I'm currently at a 5.2 setup. Maybe one day I'll be able to step it up to 7.2. For now, I have 3 x KL-650 (LCR) that I want to mount in the front of the room (according to the website 40lbs each and "MOUNTING 4-bolt pattern, 1/4"-20 thread"). And I have 2 x KS-525 that I want to mount and use as surrounds in the rear. (according to the website 20lbs each and "MOUNTING 2-bolt pattern, 1/4"-20 thread"). Sounds like a lot of people had trouble with being unable to mount the KS-525 flush due to the binding posts.

The KL-525 is 32lbs http://www.klipsch.com/na-en/products/kl-525-thx-specifications/

The confusion was likely on my end -- as I didn't know the names of my speakers! Just to confirm, I have my KL 525's (rear) mounted with Omnimount 100 Series (this may be from 5 years ago - didn't them on their website, but the imprint on the mount says 100 series).

This brings up another question. A sticker on the KL 525's say max input of 100 watts. In other threads I was asking the difference between 100 and 110 watts AVRs and then asking about separates (saw some amps with 200 watts per channel). Does this mean that these speakers can't take more than 100 watts per channel? The fronts saw 150 watts per channel.