What crossover to use with RC-64 and RS-62 (RF-83 System) Pioneer Receiver

tross

I just purchased my first Klipsch system. I can't wait until they arrive. I plan to move some things around and use a Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV receiver to drive them. The Pioneer will only allow me to set a single crossover for ALL speakers and I can choose between 50, 80, 100, etc. So a couple of questions come to mind:

1- Do better receivers/pre-amps allow you to set the crossover on each speaker (instead of one crossover for the entire system)?

2- Since the RC-64 has a low of 62Hz and the RS-62 has a low of 50Hz, would you use a crossover of 50 or 80 on the Pioneer?

The reason I ask the second question is that I just can't believe that the center on the RF-83 recommended system with 4 6.5" drivers can't go as low as the surrounds.. So I'm almost willing to take a chance at set the crossover at 50 even though Klipsch has 62Hz listed in the specs.

I'm planning to set my RF-83s to large, center and surrounds to small with a crossover at 50.

Also, would anyone recommend an AMP in addition to the Pioneer recvr? The Pioneer has plenty of "rated" power, but wondering if others added an AMP for better sound. I was thinking about adding a Rotel 1077 (their new 7 channel AMP).

I would try a setting of 80 first and see how that sounds. I believe you will start to get rolloff before the stated spec. This will make it so there is not a gap in the lower frequencies. I am sure others will chime in with a better technical explanation. And welcome to the forum...

Yes, some processors allow independent crossover settings. I would try 80 first. Ideally you want to set the xover about 20hz above the spks bottom as keia said. I don't see your sub listed but try your 83's set to large then small to see which you prefer. Everyones ears are different. Personnally I would add an amp. Enjoy your new system.