Sat. Speakers

tinwoodsman

I purchased a Klipsch Cinema 6 series Sat. system which has 4 RSX-3 speakers and a RCX-3 center speaker. I must admit it was on sale and could not pass up. I have a Denon AVR-2307CI receiver 7.1 channel. My question to all is that I wanted 2 more speakers for the rear surround. I was told by the dealer that the RSX-3 was not sold separately and conseqeuntly I purchased 2 RSX-4 speakers and was told to put those as my front mains and use the other RSX-3 speakers as my rear surounds. Was this wise on my part? Will I be OK with that decision? Are the RSX-4 to much for the front? Are they voice matched? Should the RSX-4 be set as "Large" etc.? I am a newcomer to the forum and do not want to sound like a mental midget. I would like some advice and help.

Thank you for your resonse. I have the RPW-10 subwoofer. It was a all in one package except for the RSX-4's which are my main fronts and the RSX- 3's for my center and rear surrounds and rear 7.1 spkrs.Since I am very new at this what would you suggest to set them as? Small for all 7 of them? It is a relativly small room about 10X11 and all speakers are wall mounted. The mains seem to dominate all the sound. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bill

Thank you for your resonse. I have the RPW-10 subwoofer. It was a all in one package except for the RSX-4's which are my main fronts and the RSX- 3's for my center and rear surrounds and rear 7.1 spkrs.Since I am very new at this what would you suggest to set them as? Small for all 7 of them? It is a relativly small room about 10X11 and all speakers are wall mounted. The mains seem to dominate all the sound. Any suggestions for me?

Is the level of all your speakers set to match, using the receiver's test tones? When watching some movies, you'll find that there are long periods when there is little or no sound from the surround speakers. The action takes place on the screen, so the sound is mixed to keep your attention there most of the time.