does anybody build heresy based center channels?

bassetized

what i mean by that is that because of lack of tools and ability, i would be interested in someone building a center channel using a heresy mid and tweeter with different woofers. my heresy center doesn't fit under my Sony RP and i cant mount it above. also, how would the crossover change?

thanks guys,

chels

This is something that is VERY near to my heart right now. The Heresy would be a great center channel for Heritage products, but it's a terrible shape to deal with. I've often thought of re-designing a Heresy also, similar to the diminsions of an Academy, only larger. This would match the large Heritage products better than the Academy, KLF-C7 answer to the center montra. I'll give it to those centers, their VERY GOOD at what they do, but, I don't feel that they do a good enough job with large heritage. I've spoken to Trey Cannon about this also. Through what I've found, I don't think a Heresy is a very good source to start from.

I believe a Chorus is the optimum center channel. The shape of it is similar to the Academy, the drivers are more compatable with large Heritage, and the DB output is more closely related, not to mention the voicing of the speakers.

I've been looking for a pair of beat up Chorus's or Chorus II's to do some experimention with, but their rather pricy and folks seem to take better care of the Chorus as a rule, than say some Heresy's (Guess the buggers are too big and heavy to lug around to your buddies, or use as pro-gear). Someday, I'll find a pair, maybe fire damaged or one used as a scratching post or something similar. A Chorus II would probably accomodate the changes I'd like to perform better than a Chorus I would.

What speakers are you using for Mains currently?

it's 5.1 all heresies but the sub. i would think that in my case a center channel made from a heresy would be the better direction. if one could fit under the stand, i'd leave it as it is...at the moment it sticks the depth of a heresy out into the room and is probably at least that much in front of the left and right speakers.

thanks again,

chels