HT upgrade advice sought

Shaft45

After doing a lot of research scanning the archives of these (and other) forums (very helpful indeed), I need some advice on some ideas regarding upgrades to my system. Ill first tell you what Ive got, and then what I am thinking or specific pieces I have questions about. If you have an opinion, Id appreciate it if youd post the reasons why, not just buy X. I thank you in advance for any advice.

Heres what I currently have:

Marantz PM700 integrated amp (dolby pro logic)

HK cd changer

Philips VCR (No DVD yet)

Klipsch KV-2 center

Klipsch KG-2 fronts

Klipsch .5s (I think) rear

I have a 25 tv that is not HDTV or digital. HDTV is not available in my area and probably will not for another couple of years.

Heres what I am thinking:

1. Upgrading the pro logic. I really hate to pitch the Marantz (or relegate it to the garage, bedroom or whatever), but as I understand it, it will cost me beau coup bucks to add a dolby digital, etc., processor to it. Thus, I am looking for something decent in the $400-$700 price range that will mesh well with the Klipschs. Ive looked at: (1) Outlaw (seems like a good value, a lot of people like it but a lot of people have negative comments as well). I dont particularly like the idea of buying something mail-order like that. Locally might be a better choice for better service and support (granted, sometimes this sucks). (2) Denon 1802 or 2802 (seems like either of these would work well, but what do you get for the extra $200 with the 2802?) (3) Something from Yamaha (not sure on model #s cause theres so many, suggestions?). (4) Onkyo is a possibility, but no one carries it locally. Any way I could utilize the Marantz I already have?

2. I will probably upgrade the TV in a couple of years. Right now it looks like the Mits 46805.

3. I will probably stick with the speakers. I like them reasonably well. With the exception of possibly upgrading the 2 mains, probably with Klipsch again (either a larger heritage or the reference series), to avoid another center channel.

4. DVD player is something I need to add. Im thinking the Pioneer 444. I like the silver finish, it has progressive scan that can be turned on or off, and I can get it locally for around $200. Ive yet to look at the Pannys that come highly recommended.

Any suggestions/comments would be appreciated. Mucho thanks.

I brought home most brands of receivers in the $500.00 range (you name it, I tried it)and kept a Yamaha

RX-V620. Yamaha's were very low on my list and the last receiver I tried. I Feel it has the smoothest sound with my Scala's. It's got tons of features for the price. The remote is a little strange at first but once I figured it out I actually like it. Give it a try.

------------------

Yamaha RX-V620 receiver

1976 Klipsch La Scala's

Klipsch KSW12 Sub.

Klipsch SC1 Center

Klipsch KG 3.5 rears

Panasonic RV31 DVD

Sharp 32" TV