Soc Cal KHorn Session in February

AndyKubicki

Hey Glen,

Sometimes I feel like I have tin ears as well, but you have to figure that Bruce has spent long days with amps playing at shows, so he has had a lot more exposure to differing amps, rooms, systems, etc than I ever will. I think his strongest argument in favor of the Cavalier was that he can listen all day and not have his ears get tired.

I think you're right about the blind test...it would be very interesting. Todd and I were taking down his amps and because he had some extreme power chords (the white ones that looked like water hoses) we thought we would try and hear a difference between those (which retail for about $600) and the braided ones ($150) and some stock power chords that come with new equipment. I Heard virtually no difference between the stock chords and the braided. I think I heard more smoothness with the white one. Now THAT would be a good blind test!

Although we set up his Emerald Physics horns at his place where they sounded MUCH better than at my place, I think he has the itch to get Klipsch anyway [:)]

Nice report Andy!~

Sounds like you had a great session down there. Thanks for the cool write up. Sounds like a bunch of Setheads!! I want to know though, what did the guy with the D100 say when you booted his amp out? :-)

Thanks Mark,

That guy was Todd Brown, I think he said he met you at a show. He was one of the partnes who started THE SHOW. Anyway, the reason he bought those D100s was to power the lower portion of the Emerald Physics, which he bought recently http://www.emeraldphysics.com/intro.htm and they require bi-amping, so he was one of the ones who suggested we boot those out. The Don Allens were for the horn portion.