Bose Wave System

Lil' Brian

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay... I just really don't understand why this guy has the need to pick fights with people who happen to AGREE with him on a point or three. He does that a lot, and it is a bit frusterating.

oldbuckster you would be amazed with how many people are the OPPOSITE of how you describe them. They are NOT plug n play Joe Consumer. They really and earnestly believe that they have made a well-researched and wise decision. They really do think Bose has the best sound quality available and will argue 'til the day they die.
I have no problem with that at all ..... I also have friends that own Bose, and they also think, NO, they know ,they made the right decision for them, and where they are living. If they had my system, they would be evicted from their apartments, they made a choice to buy Bose, I respect their opinions, even if I don't agree. When I say,"Average Joe Consumer", it is a general statement, not an insult ............... AJC, is not now, or ever will be, an Audiophile, millions of stereo are sold through the likes of,Wal-Mart, Target, low end Best Buy, low end Circuit City, they are not Audiophiles, they are Average Joe Consumers, they fuel the low-end, low-sound market... that's the BULK of the electronics sales..... We on this forum are a Minority, sorry, but it's true, and with CD sales so low, I think the Industry is in deep trouble, and in maybe 5 years will be gone, as we know it. So we'll all look back on this and laugh, and wonder what a waste of time it was to Bose Bash because, in the end, WE ALL LOST ................

I read the responses and can only shake my head in complete and utter wonder and amazement.

He still gets the vast majority of the points completely wrong.

He reframes my points to suit his interpretations, then says he agrees, and yet I find myself disagreeing with his modification of my point. Yup, it must be me who is mistaken, as it certainly couldn't be his mis/reinterpretation!

And he seems to interpret every post as responding solely to him! Not to everything that has preceeded - and maybe even been mentioned in another thread. Who wants to dare present the notion that this forum is not all about him?

And what is this "waffling" on Bose.? And no, you don't have to explain a thing to me about them. I understand their flawed physics all too well. In fact I got to see Don Davis 'hand it back to them' - but then you have no idea to what I refer - but I am sure you will clarify it for all of us! So please; Tell us about the 'occurance' at the Indiana University Field House. I will be waiting with rapt attention. (Like i really care...)

I might check back occassionally to witness more of his babble.

OK, the truth be known, I don't care about his opinion.

What is really confusing is to listen to his complete misinterpretation of what is stated and then listen to him try to repond to something one not only didn't say, but with which you totally disagree - in addition to responding to him saying what he thinks you are saying. And on top of that, he claims to agree - only to a reinterpreted version that fits his own fantasy. Heck, he is so busy arguing with the voices in his head he doesn't have time to debate with us, other than to totally misinterpret everything that is said!

And the amazing thing is that he tells me to pay attention to the discussion, when many of us have been having the same continuing discussion for almost a year - longer than he has even been here. And that is simply in regards to BR and to larger AV market developments and trends in general. And the Bose discussions predate the last ice age... But gee, he sure makes it feel longer! But then I guess he feels he must make up for lost time!

And yes, Bose, for all of their flawed physics, has done a marvelous
job of determining where the market is, and buidling products to those
perceived needs - such that the market eats them up - even at the high
prices they charge. Thus the value proposition they present (however
flawed we may feel it is) more than satisfies the majority of the
market. So now you can go and tell the public how stupid they are for
being satisfied with their products.

The larger point that you completely missed, Mr. Wizard, is that many here don't care about Bose. The only reason we are repeatedly subjected to such a banal topic is due to idiots like yourself who think you have something new to contribute to a very tired adolescent obsession with both Bose and Monster.

And if you got through an MBA program without an in depth understanding of Schumpeter's principles, value pricing models, and of the concept of disruptive technologies and disruptive innovation, I can only suggest that other's avoid the program - with you as a shining example of exactly why. But its always fun to watch someone attempt to debate that of which they are not even aware! Pure genius!

And Barney (no disrespect to Trey!), if your attempts at policing are called "contributing"...may I suggest you do so somewhere else.Try Mount Pilot.

At this point, the only thing about this guy about which I wonder is 'What drugs is this idiot on'? And does the home know he is loose? But it is hilarious to 'poke' him and watch his reactions.

{Oh no! Buck, what is this "with CD sales so low"?!?!?!?

Don't you know, Throwback maintains that both CD and DVD hard copy sales are UP! It's all a conspiracy!

I suggest we just let him wallow in his fantasy.Any minute now he will accuse you too of being an agent for the RIAA!

Hey, I can't make stuff up that is as hilarious as this!}

Any minute now he will accuse you too of being an agent for the RIAA!

gee mas, I've been called worse than that on this forum ............ does OPINIONATED count !!!!. Come on guys, let's just put our guns on the table, and belly up to the bar, this is becoming pointless ....... You can't tell another person what they hear, no matter what equipment they use, and you dam sure can't tell someone how to spend their money ..............

And he seems to interpret every post as responding solely to him!

No, just the ones that you direct at me, like the last one.

Who wants to dare present the notion that this forum is not all about him?

I'll be the first to do so.

And what is this "waffling" on Bose.?

It is what you have done in this thread. Go back and read, and then read it again until you understand yourself.

And no, you don't have to explain a thing to me about them.

Then why on earth do you berate me for not doing so? More doubletalk from you... bah! I have no need to explain it for most folks on this forum - as they all know why the sound from the majority of Bose products is less than ideal.

In fact I got to see Don Davis 'hand it back to them' - but then you have no idea to what I refer

Not any more than you would if I said I got to see Mark Fredericks hand it back to them, or Jill Lewis, or Chris Dorros... so I guess you got me there! You are The Mang!

but I am sure you will clarify it for all of us! So please; Tell us about the 'occurance' at the Indiana University Field House. I will be waiting with rapt attention.

Right after you tell me about the "event" in which I was privy to last weekend. Yeah - pretty stupid stance to take, isn't it? But - if asking other folks to tell about an event to which only you were privy to makes you feel like you have an edge over them - knock yourself out. That makes perfect sense.

Anyhow - thankfully there is not a single Bose cabinet on that campus. Most of the ETCs there in fact have JBL 4400 series cabinets in them - an occurance I am happy to say that I did have something to do with. For that project - Bose wasn't even on the long list, let alone the short one.

Yet you still continue to waste thousands of keystrokes convincing yourself of that.

And the amazing thing is that he tells me to pay attention to the discussion

Because you don't. Regardless how long it has been going on - you take a piece of something here, a bit of something there, and completely munge what other people are saying and then spit out... something... which doesn't even apply and pick fights with people who agree with you. You are just all over the place with your posts man - you have no linearity in them at all, and it all comes across very scatterbrained, just like in the very post of yours I am quoting here. Anarchist was right on the money with his description of you in the other thread. Focus, young Jedi... stay on target.

And the Bose discussions predate the last ice age... But gee, he sure makes it feel longer! But then I guess he feels he must make up for lost time!

I didn't start this thread... and everything was fine until you got a case of the *** that I was agreeing with you on your assessment of what Bose is good at.

job of determining where the market is

Waffling again. Now we are back where we started... you are saying again what you said at first, and which I agreed with. When I did - then you waffled and said you must have been wrong, and now you are waffling again and have come full circle. Well guess what? I am going to agree with you again. Now - will you next post continue in circular logic, or are you finally going to settle down? Place your bets!

So now you can go and tell the public how stupid they are for

*sigh* Does it ever get old for you to keep trying to make an argument where there is none, or to refer to situations and events which never happened? AGAIN - I never said nor tried to tell the public how stupid they are or are not for buying/being satisfied with Bose products. AGAIN - all I said was that the sound delivered from many of their products is not as they advertise, and AGAIN - you are not paying attention, or I wouldn't have to repeat myself when you incorrectly try to tell me how I think or what I said for the second time in this thread.

many here don't care about Bose.

Oh, I got that. Those people probably a> aren't reading this thread and b> aren't contributing to this thread. I guess we know which camp you fall in.

The only reason we are repeatedly subjected to such a banal topic is due to idiots like yourself who think you have something new to contribute

You aren't paying attention again.

a> I didn't start the thread.
b> You posted in it before I did, apparently thinking you had something new to contribute. Irony at it's finest.
c> I expressed that in my opinion the vintage 501 and 601 series didn't sound half bad, while requiring lots of power (since the thread was taking a direction of their "not so bad" products being discussed), and also that the idea behind the Cannon was interesting.
d> you posted again, saying that Bose was good at identifying a market segment and catering to them (I guess this is "new contribution" which idiots make, since we obviously never knew about this before, right?)
e> I agreed with you on the statement which you made in d>
f> you got your panties in a wad.

So who exactly was it perpetuating this "banal topic" again, by adding obviously new, earth-shattering contributions?

a very tired adolescent obsession with both Bose and Monster.

Who posted to the thread first, and is thereby apparently the obsessed one (at least with their un-ethical market practices)? You. Who started acting like an adolescent and began flailing about wildly when I agreed with their assessment? You. Who is talking about Monster in this thread? Only you (thereby having a conversation with yourself. People get put in pretty white coats for doing that...).

And if you got through an MBA program [...incorrect assumptions deleted...] I can only suggest that other's avoid the program

Yes, tell others to avoid a top-20 program... because that is true genius.

And Barney

Posted Image

if your attempts at policing are called "contributing"...may I suggest you do so somewhere else.

There is a world of difference between "policing" and "suggesting". Policing requires an ability to enforce law, policy, or suggestion. As said enforcement does not exist, it deducts down to merely suggestion - no different than if you were to suggest that DeanG be allowed to do crossover work on Khorns. But no - instead let's use your logic... you are apparently then policing me to go somewhere else, and you are policing others to avoid a top-ranked MBA program. More scatterbrain... whee!

the only thing about this guy about which I wonder is 'What drugs is this idiot on'?

Motrin for occassional headaches, and Zyrtec for seasonal allergies (a nice bonus from school :( ). However - for you might I suggest (OH NOES! POLICING!) something for the ADD?

it is hilarious to 'poke' him and watch his reactions.

Not nearly as entertaining as watching you waste thousands of keystrokes on someone you could supposedly not care less about. That, combined with your inability to steer straight down a discussion path makes for quite a bit of amusement.

You do know that the theory of "the shortest distance between two points is a very curvy road" only applies to motorcyclists, and not self-proclaimed superior beings, right?

I suggest we just let him wallow in his fantasy.

How is it my fantasy that I agree with you about what Bose is good at?

I can't make stuff up that is as hilarious as this!}

To the contrary - this whole thing is hiliarious because you do make it up!

Bring on the clowns!

And what is this "waffling" on Bose.?

It is what you have done in this thread. Go back and read, and then read it again until you understand yourself.

The only waffling is due to your inability to read for meaning and your complete inability to understand what sarcasm and hyperbole imply. Sort of like if I say "I would like to hear more of your inane insights." As we will shortly see when you continue to offer more of your insightful(sic) insamity.

After the umpteenth time, one might start to wonder why your supposed "agreement' with your interpretation is met with disagreement. Duh!

'But gee whiz, I agree with you that the Bose bashing has gotten very old, but pardon me for a second while ai take a second shot at bashing the Bose line, but ai don't mean to bash Bose per se'....ROFLAMO. You can say you agree all you like, while you embodying exactly the very thing with which I was expressing dissatisfaction! Could anyone possibly miss the point more??? [*-)]

And no, you don't have to explain a thing to me about them.

Then why on earth do you berate me for not doing so? More doubletalk from you... bah! I have no need to explain it for most folks on this forum - as they all know why the sound from the majority of Bose products is less than ideal.

No idiot, more of your inability to read the sarcasm in my statement. you have attempted to tell everyone how bad Bose equipment is and how they misrepresent , blah, blah, blah... You have nothing to offer in this regards. Many of us can tear their physics a new one in great detail. We don't care about Bose nor your perceived insights. It was a plea for you to shut up, but yet you interpret it as a call for more!!! My original post in this thread was a call for no more threads complaining and worrying about BOSE!!!!! Not more of you idiotic assessments of Bose!

Do you read anything for meaning???

In fact I got to see Don Davis 'hand it back to them' - but then you have no idea to what I refer

Not any more than you would if I said I got to see Mark Fredericks hand it back to them, or Jill Lewis, or Chris Dorros... so I guess you got me there! You are The Mang!

but I am sure you will clarify it for all of us! So please; Tell us about the 'occurance' at the Indiana University Field House. I will be waiting with rapt attention.

Right after you tell me about the "event" in which I was privy to last weekend. Yeah - pretty stupid stance to take, isn't it? But - if asking other folks to tell about an event to which only you were privy to makes you feel like you have an edge over them - knock yourself out. That makes perfect sense.

Nope, it is a rather significant event in the audio industry involving Bose, and in particular Don Davis of SynAudCon when he write and handed a check refunding Bose for their underwriting contribution when Amar Bose attempted to censor findings by refusing to allow the TEF test results made evaluating Bose, Altec and JBL installations in the Indiana U Fieldhouse from being published; as Amar tried to use the fact that they had contributed to SAC's activities as grounds to refuse publication. I could continue on about the various companies' use of medium Q, high Q, and Bose's extension of their 'no Q' approach to SR application, but the point has already been totally missed. But, being as versed in audio and Bose as you are...well, you are again rendered clueless.

And I am confident that you are just as unaware of Sam Berkow's subsequent 3D volumetric plots detailing the 901's chaotic polar and projected intensity plots subtitled "Bose: Better sound through enginearing, engnring, ..., engineering, marketing"...

All of this is almost 20 years old. Some folks outgrow trying to make the same points, however ineffectually.

But not you!

Anyhow - thankfully there is not a single Bose cabinet on that campus. Most of the ETCs there in fact have JBL 4400 series cabinets in them - an occurance I am happy to say that I did have something to do with. For that project - Bose wasn't even on the long list, let alone the short one.

Its a shame you have no idea of why! But thank you for demonstrating it. (And since we all know you totally miss sarcasm, look around!)

Yet you still continue to waste thousands of keystrokes convincing yourself of that. Unfortunately I swat at flies for as long as they buzz about. Its a flaw I regret almost as much as the stimulus that ellicits the response.i

And the amazing thing is that he tells me to pay attention to the discussion

Because you don't. Regardless how long it has been going on - you take a piece of something here, a bit of something there, and completely munge what other people are saying and then spit out... something... which doesn't even apply and pick fights with people who agree with you. You are just all over the place with your posts man - you have no linearity in them at all, and it all comes across very scatterbrained, just like in the very post of yours I am quoting here. Anarchist was right on the money with his description of you in the other thread. Focus, young Jedi... stay on target.

And the Bose discussions predate the last ice age... But gee, he sure makes it feel longer! But then I guess he feels he must make up for lost time!

I didn't start this thread... and everything was fine until you got a case of the *** that I was agreeing with you on your assessment of what Bose is good at.

LOL! Everything except that we didn't need your 'agreement' that involved your hackeneyed assessment of their marketing misrepresentation and all sorts of other crap that we routinely read each week and which my statement was specifcally saying I was absolutely tired! You missed the point again! And you still can't figure out why your missing the point did not agree with my message! So just keep on doing it, Barney.

job of determining where the market is

Waffling again. Now we are back where we started... you are saying again what you said at first, and which I agreed with. When I did - then you waffled and said you must have been wrong, and now you are waffling again and have come full circle. Well guess what? I am going to agree with you again. Now - will you next post continue in circular logic, or are you finally going to settle down? Place your bets!

That has been my message from the start and which it never varied. I knew it 20+ years ago and I am still aware of it. The ONLY one that is confused on that point is YOU! I don't need you or anyone else explaining it yet again!

Your contributions are simply more noise whining about Bose!

And your inability to recognize sarcasm and hyperbole stand in your
way of figuring this out as you persist in telling me that you agree
with me!

And to the degree that idiots like you continue to whine about Bose, I find myself almost supporting them just because you and your kind are even more irritating!

So now you can go and tell the public how stupid they are for

*sigh* Does it ever get old for you to keep trying to make an argument where there is none, or to refer to situations and events which never happened? AGAIN - I never said nor tried to tell the public how stupid they are or are not for buying/being satisfied with Bose products. AGAIN - all I said was that the sound delivered from many of their products is not as they advertise, and AGAIN - you are not paying attention, or I wouldn't have to repeat myself when you incorrectly try to tell me how I think or what I said for the second time in this thread.

I think we already covered this..........and yet he continues saying the same crap. Gee, can we find someone else to complain about Bose??? (more sarcasm, Barney)

many here don't care about Bose.

Oh, I got that. Those people probably a> aren't reading this thread and b> aren't contributing to this thread. I guess we know which camp you fall in.

The only reason we are repeatedly subjected to such a banal topic is due to idiots like yourself who think you have something new to contribute

You aren't paying attention again.

And yet he continues as he tries to tell me what the point of my original post was with which he erroneously claims to have agreed. If that were true the thread would have died at that point! A consumation which I devoutly wish more than anything else!!

a> I didn't start the thread.
b> You posted in it before I did, apparently thinking you had something new to contribute. Irony at it's finest.
c> I expressed that in my opinion the vintage 501 and 601 series didn't sound half bad, while requiring lots of power (since the thread was taking a direction of their "not so bad" products being discussed), and also that the idea behind the Cannon was interesting.
d> you posted again, saying that Bose was good at identifying a market segment and catering to them (I guess this is "new contribution" which idiots make, since we obviously never knew about this before, right?)
e> I agreed with you on the statement which you made in d>
f> you got your panties in a wad.

So who exactly was it perpetuating this "banal topic" again, by adding obviously new, earth-shattering contributions?

OK, everready Barney, you prove that you can miss the original point better than anyone here!

a very tired adolescent obsession with both Bose and Monster.

Who posted to the thread first, and is thereby apparently the obsessed one (at least with their un-ethical market practices)? You. Who started acting like an adolescent and began flailing about wildly when I agreed with their assessment? You. Who is talking about Monster in this thread? Only you (thereby having a conversation with yourself. People get put in pretty white coats for doing that...).

And people are shot for less. And few deserve it more.

And if you got through an MBA program [...incorrect assumptions deleted...] I can only suggest that other's avoid the program

Yes, tell others to avoid a top-20 program... because that is true genius.

And Barney

whoami.jpg

Subtitled: "Look everyone, I have graphics editing software! Today in our strategic management class we discovered the use of the tool called an "arrow". It is very exciting. It is such a powerful tool that I thought I should point out that my brain is literally the size of the dot above the letter "i" ... Please be gentle with me!"

Too bad you missed the intended meaning of the reference.

if your attempts at policing are called "contributing"...may I suggest you do so somewhere else.

There is a world of difference between "policing" and "suggesting". Policing requires an ability to enforce law, policy, or suggestion. As said enforcement does not exist, it deducts down to merely suggestion - no different than if you were to suggest that DeanG be allowed to do crossover work on Khorns. But no - instead let's use your logic... you are apparently then policing me to go somewhere else, and you are policing others to avoid a top-ranked MBA program. More scatterbrain... whee!

Yes, we are very impressed by your ignorance of standard business models. "Whee" indeed.

No policing, just begging.

Whatever, Barney. Except that I am now torn between your being Barney the deputy and the obnoxious purple dinosaur. The latter quality is definately dominant..

the only thing about this guy about which I wonder is 'What drugs is this idiot on'?

Motrin for occassional headaches, and Zyrtec for seasonal allergies (a nice bonus from school :( ). However - for you might I suggest (OH NOES! POLICING!) something for the ADD?

it is hilarious to 'poke' him and watch his reactions.

Not nearly as entertaining as watching you waste thousands of keystrokes on someone you could supposedly not care less about. That, combined with your inability to steer straight down a discussion path makes for quite a bit of amusement.

You do know that the theory of "the shortest distance between two points is a very curvy road" only applies to motorcyclists, and not self-proclaimed superior beings, right?

Go 'agree'(sic) with someone else. And you wonder why I have continued to disagree with you. You missed the original point. The only one going in circles is you.

The difference is that I do this as a distraction, as play. Much like a cat plays with its captive after the catch.

I suggest we just let him wallow in his fantasy.

How is it my fantasy that I agree with you about what Bose is good at?

I can't make stuff up that is as hilarious as this!}

To the contrary - this whole thing is hiliarious because you do make it up!

Bring on the clowns!

Oh, if this were only a circus, you would be welcome...and a star attraction. Unfortunately for you, its not. Schoo fly.

Let's see, that killed almost 5 minutes...

And the real joke is that this guy seems to think that I actually care about what he has to say. And to think that this guy just keeps going and missing the meaning implied via sarcasm and hyperbole! And he probably thinks my playing with this (as I am a bit curious if a single post can take up a complete page in a thread!) implies that I care about whatever he is is saying. The reality is that I long ago lost track of the"you said that I said that you agree with what I said that you agreed with that you said......and why do you argue with me when I am agreeing with you?" Indeed! Amazing! And is there any doubt as the the abundant sarcasm and disdain at this point? Hint! Hint!

Maybe all of this nonsense will discourage anyone else from whining about Bose... hope springs eternal...

Barney - the deputy or the purple dinosaur

Posted Image

The only waffling is due to your inability to read for meaning

More likely that it is due to your inability to say what you mean, and to mean what you say - and instead prefer that people play guessing games. Try cutting to the chase instead of breathing every other word in hyperbole, which only serves to demonstrate the aforementioned scatterbrain effect. Example - if I want to tell you that "the grass is green", I will not tell you that "the new Chevy truck that was introduced at NAIAS had some really advanced transmission technology." The same can not be said for you. You prefer people to be mind-readers... after spouting off yarns of overly verbose, non-applicable information - you want them to come away from that with something completely different than what you said.

and your complete inability to understand what sarcasm and hyperbole imply.

So when you are rambling on and on and on and on and on (and on and on) while foaming at the mouth and ranting with vehemence - you are being sarcastic? Ok... I got it now - on top of being a non-linear, scatterbrained, waffle-head with apparent ADD, you are also bi-polar. It is starting to clear up now.

one might start to wonder why your supposed "agreement' with your interpretation is met with disagreement.

Established above.

more of your inability to read the sarcasm in my statement.

Right along with your inability to say what you mean and mean what you say. Established above.

you have attempted to tell everyone how bad Bose equipment is

Like hell. You continue to mis-represent what I say in almost every single post. Just because you don't have the ability to say what you mean and mean what you say in a post does not mean that everyone else shares your disability. Again - demonstrating that you do not read before you respond - I have praised a select choice of their equipment multiple times in this thread. Do not mis-represent and mis-quote me again. Oh... let me guess... that was more sarcasm, right? Posted Image

You have nothing to offer in this regards.

This is not your decision to make.

Many of us can tear their physics a new one in great detail.

Which I did. In fact - I provided a hell of a lot more background on it than you have - including tested specs, numbers, links to charts, etc... All you have offered is... scatterbrain.

It was a plea for you to shut up

So on top of everything else - now you claim you are Nostrodamus? Making said plea prior to me ever posting in this thread? You really are full of yourself.

My original post in this thread was a call for no more threads complaining and worrying about BOSE!!!!!

Again - NOT your decision to make, Barney. If you do not feel that a discussion of Bose has any validity here then you have the option to ignore it, and not try to invoke a police state or "make a call" for it never to be discussed. Who the hell do you think you are to make that decision? This is an open, "public" forum - and the ONLY people who are in any position to determine what is and is not to be discussed here are employees of Klipsch. If you don't like or otherwise are not interested in the topic at hand - then move on to one you are! Common freakin sense, scatterbrain.

Do you read anything for meaning???

I read with the presumption that people usually mean what they have to say. By your own admission - this general rule does not apply to you. While you think you have a leg up on everyone around you as a result of this, and are somehow resting on a higher echelon - in reality you are only causing harm to yourself, and people are pointing and laughing.

it is a rather significant event in the audio industry involving Bose, and in particular Don Davis of SynAudCon when he write and handed a check refunding Bose for their underwriting contribution when Amar Bose attempted to censor findings by refusing to allow the TEF test results made evaluating Bose, Altec and JBL installations in the Indiana U Fieldhouse from being published;

Cool... nice little piece of history there - thanks! And yes - I mean that... it is not some under-handed attempt at sarcasm or hyperbole. See how easy that was? I do have a question though... what "fieldhouse" are you referring to? The only one there is the Track& Field building - and you would get a chuckle out of what they have installed there... Bose woulda been better :D

but the point has already been totally missed.

Not at all. As I already, genuinely said - good bit of history & thanks.

And I am confident that you are just as unaware of Sam Berkow's subsequent 3D volumetric plots detailing the 901's chaotic polar and projected intensity plots subtitled "Bose: Better sound through enginearing, engnring, ..., engineering, marketing"...

You are right - I don't know the report, as I haven't needed it to know that the patterns set by the whole D/R scheme (scam) are just horrid. Most folks don't need a report and graphs to know that. But - I will be sure to look it up, becase I am sure it will be good read

Its a shame you have no idea of why!

Of course I do - I am why. When at the initial meeting, I was running down the list of possibles and waiting for responses from other folks involved. When I got to Bose, I said aloud, "Bose... nothing from them suits our needs for this project, and accuracy is a known issue anyhow. Anyone object?" No one objected, and I never put it on the long list. In the end, I ordered about 70 sets of various 4400 series.

Everything except that we didn't need your 'agreement'

Gratz for you. You posted in an open forum. Get used to people agreeing or disagreeing with you. If you want to have a private conversation, then take it to PMs or email, or start your own, private forum and invite your friends.

other crap that we routinely read each week and which my statement was specifcally saying I was absolutely tired!

You do realize that no one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you read Bose threads, right? Or any threads you don't otherwise want to read or have any interest in, for that matter.

your missing the point did not agree with my message!

I did get the point, and it did agree with your original post. You did not agree with my agreeing. Sarcastically, apparently.

Barney.

Posted Image

That has been my message from the start and which it never varied.

Except when it did - quoting you:

So, my net reaction is that if I did happen to say something to which you agree, then I most graciously assert that, at least with regards to that point, I must have been wrong.

Simply because I agreed with you. Here's your waffle.

I knew it 20+ years ago and I am still aware of it. The ONLY one that is confused on that point is YOU!

Welcome to the club... I knew it 20 years ago too... and have not been confused about it since.

I don't need you or anyone else explaining it yet again!

And I wasn't. I was engaged in a discussion with other folks about the pros and cons of Bose. If YOU don't need it discussed, then YOU should exit the thread, and not worry about it, and certainly not try and dictate what is and is not discussed in a thread in which you have no supposed interest. Your continued diatribes in said thread clearly indicate otherwise, however.

Your contributions are simply more noise whining about Bose!

AGAIN - because you AGAIN didn't read before you responded... for the FOURTH freakin time now - my first post was actually in praise of a choice selection of their product. That post came AFTER your post in a thread which you supposedly have no care for! Oh... let me guess... "whining about bose" was more sarcasm and hyperbole, right? Scatterbrain!

you persist in telling me that you agree
with me!

No - I persist in finding hysterical that you get bent out of shape with people when they agree with you, and try as I might - sarcasm and hyperbole or not - there is just no sane logic to your extreme reaction patterns. Kinda like the 901 reflection pattern. :) (note the emoticon, indicating sarcasm)

And to the degree that idiots like you continue to whine about Bose, I find myself almost supporting them just because you and your kind are even more irritating!

This must be more of that sarcasm and hyperbole you keep yammering about, instead of "What You Really Mean", because (again!) I was praising some of their product from days past - not whining, and you were whining about it since your very first post in the thread.

Barney

Posted Image

he tries to tell me what the point of my original post was with which he erroneously claims to have agreed.

No, I am not mistakenly claiming to have agreed... I am correctly claiming to have agreed. I know what I did, tyvm!

If that were true the thread would have died at that point! A consumation which I devoutly wish more than anything else!!

No... other people aside from you were having a discussion. This had nothing to do with you, nor your wishes that the thread were to have died. Once again - if the thread doesn't interest you - don't read it! And for God's sake don't contribute endlessly to it! Oh - let me guess... more sarcasm, right? So - you are saying you wish the thread would die, but you are being sarcastic, and actually wish the thread would perpetuate so you can go on posting how much you hate the thread and the entire discussion topic of all things Bose - which is also sarcasm. Right? You wonder why people don't understand what you really mean in a post? Because you don't even understand what you really mean in a post! How the hell is anyone else supposed to figure it out when you don't even know what you mean? You contradict yourself from one post to the next, and one thread to the next. It's endless - and I am not the first person to have pointed this out to you. I don't read in between the lines... I read the actual lines, like most normal people.

Try making it simple for us "idiots" and instead of expecting folks to read between the lines and decipher what you really mean in what you say and post - just say what you mean! It is a really base concept. Give it a whirl.

Barney

Posted Image

Who is talking about Monster in this thread? Only you (thereby having a conversation with yourself. People get put in pretty white coats for doing that...).
And people are shot for less. And few deserve it more.

You do realize you are referring to yourself here, right? Scatterbrain...

Subtitled: "Look everyone, i have graphics editing software! " Too bad you missed the intended meaning of the reference.

Correctly subtitled: Look at the big pretty arrow - it happens to be pointing at my name on this forum. Try referring to people by their usernames.

I got your point, crystal clear. You - on the otherhand - completely missed mine. If I wanted to be referred to by "Barney", "Idiot", "Moron" or any other choice names you have recently pulled out of your *** for me, I would change my name or otherwise advise you as to my aliases. As I have not done such, use a little maturity and respect when inter-acting with others online - kinda like how myself and others here have - instead of quoting you and referring to you as the Captain Tubesteak you so richly deserve. If you can't fight (discuss) nicely - then go kneel in the corner.

Whatever, Barney.

Posted Image

[barney, the] purple dinosaur. The latter quality is definately dominant..

Better that than someone escaped from Belview and a Posted Imagehead.

Oh, if this were only a circus, you would be welcome...and a star attraction.

Better than you being the ringleader!

Schoo fly.

No. You are no one to attempt control over others, what they do, where they go, what they say, or who they say it to. If you don't like it - you shoo - and remove yourself from it.

And the real joke is that this guy seems to think that I actually care about what he has to say

Again - you go on and on and on and on and on and on (and on and on and on and on) wasting the keystrokes, convincing yourself and those around you that you don't. We call this obsessive/comulsive disorder - however it is bordering on clinical obsession at this point.

I am a bit curious if a single post can take up a complete page in a thread!

Most forums are set up for number of posts per page, not length of the page.

The reality is that I long ago lost track of the"you said that I said that you agree with what I said that you agreed with that you said

Come on, now - you know perfectly well that the truth is you lost track of yourself long before I came to this forum. Myself and other have pointed out in multiple threads where you ended up actually arguing with yourself, and on your own points. My involvement has nothing to do with your lunacy - that credit belongs solely to you.

is there any doubt as the the abundant sarcasm and disdain at this point? Hint! Hint!

Hint hint this... If you don't like a topic being discussed then GTFO, and go find a thread you do enjoy the subject matter of, instead of being all bullish because other people (not me) started a thread about something you (supposedly) don't care about, are tired of, and have no interest in.

Meanwhile - the rest of us know the truth.

Maybe all of this nonsense will discourage anyone else from whining about Bose

This... mess... has nothing to do with Bose, and everything to do with your apparent mental disorders and delusional self-importance.

Now... enough about you, and let's get back to discussing Bose in this thread. If you don't have anything to contribute - then don't. If the topic doesn't interest you - go read a different one. If you don't care about Bose - prove it with your silence, or simply post, "I don't care about Bose".

Just some suggestions.

hyperbole : extravagant exaggeration (as mile-high ice-cream cones)

It proves little in the real world of business to simply design and
build exotic conceptual products that fail to suit the needs and
desires of the market.

Sometime you might want to stop and ponder
why Toyota kicks Bugatti's rear. Who cares how fast the Veyron goes?

Not at all... Toyota is not only affordable - but it is also practical.
The Veyron is anything but - in either aspect. Has little to do with
advertising or market research, and more due to common sense and wallet
thickness.

First, my comparison with the Bugatti was hyperbole, not a literal practical example, but you utterly missed it the point, yet again.

Came to get my fill of the daily dumba$$ report and mas didn't disappoint. You have been caught again. While its nice of you to try to use you "word of the day" to rationalize your erroneous assertion, you, in fact, were busted quite well by srobak, who obviously can read your poor attempt at providing evidence of your claim that "it proves little in the real world."

While it may impress some, those with a little more sense and not enhanted by your ability to quickly google unrelated evidence of your claims, or those not put to sleep by your diatribes which go on ad nauseum, recognize the errors of your argument. Toyota and Bugatti are not competitors and hence your evidence is fallacious, misleading and characteristic of all your arguments. They both cater to the needs and desires of their targeted markets. Toyota caters to a mass audience, Bugatti to an elite audience.

I believe that was srobaks point which was right on the mark and you missed. Of course, srobak does write a little more concise than you and he doesn't invent new arguments to debate, so your confusion is understood.

Your pathetic attempt to hide your errors by disparaging srobak, claiming your evidence was "hyperbole", and he missed the point made me laugh to no end. Thanks.

Your attempts at discrediting others only succeeds in making you look like the largest nitwit in the universe. (hyperbole)

Oh, man, you crack me up. I don't know why srobak takes you seriously; your posts obviously are intended to merely provide a distraction.

Barney, you are indeed a flake. Only to be joined by your alter-ego, Anachronism.

Its fascinating to hear you tell us yet once again what it was that I really meant. And even more so that you agreed.

And, Anachronism, the comparison was hyperbole. The examples were chosen as exaggerated extremes in the marketplace simply for emphasis. Hence, hyperbole. And yet the poor monkeyboys interpret them literally. You mean that Toyota an Bugatti don't literally compete for the same targeted customers? Gee, really!? Wow, who would've figured!?.

And Barney, yous still seem to have no clue as to what the fundamental acoustical physics flaw was that Bose committed. But we certainly don't need to witness your song and dance routine yet again.

You have had ample chances - all squandered.

So, in the immortal words of Burt Reynolds:

"Do the letters F O mean anything to you?"

And, Anachronism, the comparison was hyperbole. The examples were chosen as exaggerated extremes in the marketplace simply for emphasis. Hence, hyperbole.

"Do the letters F O mean anything to you?"

This is like going to a gunfight when my opponent is armed with a dull pencil.

I posted the definition for you mas but apparently you can't grasp it.

You stated a hypothesis. You provided evidence. The evidence did not support your hypothesis and clearly was inappropriately applied. It wasn't hyperbole, it was fallacious. You really do need to understand context and your inability to use it correctly.

The letters do; it means you are finally arguing at a level that accurately represents your analytical abilities and true vocabularly. Thank you, it is so much better than having to read a thousand words and the myriad of disconnected ideas you attempt to string together in order to appear more than you are.

We are all created equal mas, some of us were just created more equal; don't fret about your limitations.

Anachronism. Quite clever in an elementary way... I am sure you don't know what is means any more than you understand hyperbole.

You may resume watching your purple dinosaur and singing "I love you" while hugging your Barney.

Barney,

Posted Image

Barney [...] dinosaur [...] Anachronism [...] monkeyboy [...] Idiot [...] moron [...] idiot [...] Idiot [...] fly

Speaking of adolescent...

Anyhow - could you at least pretend to be civil, since you won't even try to have a logical discussion? I notice this frantic lashing out from you at pretty much everyone on the entire forum who might have an opinion which may differ from yours on just about everything.

Its fascinating to hear you tell us yet once again what it was that I really meant.

Go back and read... see all those question marks (?) I typed after asking you to clarify yourself (asking if the quoted statement was another attempt at sarcasm)? Care to hazard a guess as to what those might mean? But again - by your own admission - most of the time speak in sarcasm and hyperbole - so without you being clear with what it is you are trying to say - you don't leave much option except for folks to take a wild guess. For an example of how extreme you take it - go back and read the part about grass color being deciphered from truck transmissions.

And, Anachronism, the comparison was hyperbole. The examples were chosen as exaggerated extremes in the marketplace simply for emphasis. Hence, hyperbole. My poor monkeyboy.

Well guess what?

Posted Image

Do the immortal words of... well... pretty much anyone in saying "If it doesn't interest you, then don't concern yourself with it" mean anything to you?

You may resume watching your purple dinosaur and singing "I love you" while hugging your Barney.

Like HELL you say!!! That's just mean, man... mean!

Hahaha!

You're of course right Barney, the comparison was literal. I literally meant Toyota and Bugatti, except the real difference to which I was refering was that one was a 4 door suitable for 4 or 5 passengers with a substantial trunk, and the other, a 2 door roadster appropriate for 2 passengers with only a vestigial trunk.

The difference in price...a neglible $1.190M [*-)] After all, the only reason someone would buy the Toyota over the more extravagantly designed Bugatti is due to "massive advertising"... Yup, take the example literally.

The fact is, you claimed to agree with my post, the focus of which was my opposition to the repeated threads preoccupied with bashing Bose as they have grown quite old - but as you claimed "to agree" you nevertheless continued to bash Bose - even as you took time out from "not bashing them 'per se'" to bash them yet again.

Yup, whatever it was that you think you agreed with, you certainly did not agree in your actions. You see, you never quite got the main focus - regardless of any peripheral reasons regarding why you may think that they are successful. You missed the point!

And since you have again failed to figure it out: I have no desire to have a conversation with you. That was already made abundantly clear. . ( I know, I know, you will again try to tell me what I really meant! ) :

So why would I want to watch Barney after being subjected to your impersonation of unrequited agreement? And hence the earlier allusion. It would simply be redundant.

And Anachronism should go back and try to figure out his conundrum of how to tune the "frequency response" of a room!

You are both idiots. And just sometimes the words are meant literally.

Barney

Posted Image

I have no desire to have a conversation with you. That was already made abundantly clear.

Trying to convince yourself yet again, eh? Your actions (read: silence) would speak much louder (and certainly more true) than your words. This is yet another point which you repeatedly demonstrate your Posted Image.

Once more... if it doesn't interest you - be it Bose, me, or the man on the moon - then don't "facilitate". (talk about a very loosely used word!)

Isn't it quaint how Barney feels the need to redefine statements for his own purposes in every single post? Amazing. He doesn't even require a conversation, as he is content inventing both sides of an assumed conversation with the voices inside his head. In fact a conversation with the 'two of him' would severely cramp his 'style'.

You see, while you can misrepresent my main point that was against the incessant Bose bashing all you like and attempt to shift the discussion to mass merchandising, etc.. The fact is: you missed the point as you actively were bashing Bose. And I wasn't the only one to point that out! So discuss marketing or whatever you fantasize was my main point. The secondary characteristics regarding Bose was only an effort to posit counterpoint to the folks who continue to bash Bose! Like you! So, while you continue to claim to agree with any seconday point you choose, you utterly missed the primary one!

So please tell us once again how you agreed with my fundamental point!

I have no interest in having a conversation with you. However, I have no problem taunting you - as in "come back again and I will taunt you a second time, you silly knigggget!"

But if I had any role in "facilitating" your posts, I am very sorry. My bad. I doubt anyone intentionally desires to do that. .

But I had no role in 'fascilitating' your bashing of Bose.

But it is rather cute how you follow me around like the purple Barney - if only to claim to agree with your own fantasy- as you missed my point.

For future reference, if anyone says "Hey", it wasn't me.

Bye Barn.

WOW, Still going on, and new folks jumping in, unbelievable; I HOPE YOU GUYS PUT AS MUCH EFFORT INTO CHOOSING A NEW PRESIDENT AS YOU DO IN THIS EXCERCISE IN.......[bs].........I BET YOU GUYS DON'T EVEN VOTE............ Carry On!!!!!!......how much longer before Amy locks this stupid thread !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!