Rears for HT setup

DrKlahn

I am looking for a bit of advice about my HT setup. Currenty I am using CF-1's for mains, a KLF C7 for the center and KG 2.5's for rears. The CF1's and C7 match wonderfully in the front, but the KG 2.5's just don't seem to mesh with the fronts well. I'm not really interested in a dipole rear speaker. I have stands for the rear channels and putting towers back there and attempting to get the tweeters anywhere near ear level simply doesn't seem viable. So what bookshelf would be the best matchup? I was looking in the discountinued speakers and the KT-LCR seems like it would be the best fit. It has the same tweeter, and was manufactured around the same time. The only concern is that the crossovers from them being THX speakers may make them sound markedly different.

And yes, I am aware that the KV4 is the center speaker intended to be mated with the CF1's. But I am very pleased with the C7 and am not looking to replace it.

• 2 weeks later...

I had KT-LCR's and they are some of the best sounding small speakers that I have ever owned. The large horn gave wide dispersion unlike the small horn in say the KG2.5 or in the Academy. I compared KG2.5's and KT-LCR's side by side in a 2-channel configuration and their was no comparison. The smaller horn speakers seemed to 'beam' sound whereas the LCR's sound was widely dispersed.

If you want to use a monopole for surround duty I think the KT-LCR's would bridge the gap between WDST's and monopoles nicely.

If you can find them they should sell cheap. You can't give them away it seems. Probably because few have heard them.

Keith