Which front speakers should I get?

Ravenous

I recently picked up a pair of surround (ss-5) and a center speaker (sc-5) on woot. Now I'm just looking to complete the set. The sub that I see normally going with those is easy enough to find, however I can't find the front speakers (sb-1) anywhere.

So my choices are either wait and hope some turn up, or get something different. Is having a matching set important enough to wait in this case, or are there some other ones that would work just as well? I've considered the newer model in the synergy line, such as the b-2 or maybe the sf-1. Would either of those be okay?

I have the b-3 for my fronts and the sb-1's as my surrounds and they all sound great together. so to answer your question yes it will be ok to go with the b-2's for fronts. although if you twist my arm I may be willing to sell those sb-1's[;)] j/k good luck with the new system whatever you decide.

The updated Synergy line should pair nicely for what you already have. The F1s are nice, but I'd spring for the F2s if you can. Bookshelves are also an option, although I'd look only at the B2s or B3s in that case. They wouldn't be precisely matching in timbre, but not to the point where you'd hear an unmistakable difference. While you're at it, take a look at the new Synergy subs (Sub10 or 12), too. Most folks around here will tell you that they have the potential to knock your socks and shoes off, in that order.