Wall mounting Quintet II satellite speakers

roymcfarland

I am having trouble mounting Quintet II satellite speakers onto my walls. After I hang them, they slowly "fall down" and point at the ground. I looked through the instruction manual, and there is an allen wrench that can be used to tighten the stands' tension. I have used it, though, and all three bolts are as tight as possible. Is there something else that I need to do? Have any of you had this problem? If so, how did you solve it? I was under the impression that these speakers were designed to be mounted on the wall.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Roy

I have all four of my Quintets wall mounted and they have not moved. Use the following directions to fix your problem.

1. Loosen the allen screws first.

2 Using an open end wrench loosen the nut under the rubber gromet/cover.

3. Adjust the speaker to the desired direction.

4 Tighten the nut with the open end wrench.

5. Snug up the allen screws (DO NOT over tighten) you can strip the heads easily.

FYI...I have 4 stands for the Quintet II's that I have to get rid of.

• Klipsch Employees

Smokem,

Very well stated.

One thing I can add is that if he has moved the speaker without loosening the allen screws, they may never stay in place without taking the ball joint apart.

He can contact tech support for more info. 1-800-klipsch

• 1 year later...

Hi there [:)]

I bought my Klipsch Quintett II last week and tried to mount them on the wall as well. I had the same effect that if you have a position to set which is not 0° or 90° but inbetween (eg 45°) the speakers will "fall down forward". I took out the 3 screws and the rubber thing - put in the rubber thing again and tried to thighten the screws with a set position of the speakers but as soon they are on the wall they tend to slide face downwards.

Any other tipps what I could do? If I don't get them into the right postion i won't be able to use them.

@ roymcfarland: what did you do to fix them?

cheers, ML99