HT bass issue

ken kaz

Here is my issue. I have a large basement room 30x15. I am using half of it about 15x15 for my HT. I have Chorurs IIs, academy, and 4 heresy IIs for surround. All driven by rotel amps. The room has a cement floor. I want bass you can feel. I have a SVS PB ultra 2 in the front right corner and a SVS CS ultra (driven by a carver 1.5) in the back corner. I just bought a Integra 9.8 in hopes that the audssey would help on the lack of bass ( It did, a bit) Last night I had people over and the kids were watching the Bee movie while the adults were upstairs having drinks. There were a couple of times that (upstairs) i thought the house was going to come off the foundation. I went downstairs and noted the passages in the movie. Later on, I replayed the passages while I was down stairs. Decent bass, but quite frankly there is quite a bit more upstairs. I am considering another sub, but I think I have plenty since the house is literally moving. HELP! My friend thinks i should put 2x4s on the concrete, then tounge-in-groove plywood covered with carpet. He says that this will allow the room to move. He blames the whole mess on the concrete. Has anyone else been in my boat? Thanks Ken Ka

• Like 1

A 30x15 room and using 15x15 of it for HT...The only thing lacking in contributing to the problem is a 9, 12, or 15 foot ceiling!

The easy money is
that you are sitting in a null determined by the room dimensions. And
SW placement in the corners will drive and reinforce this null to the
greatest degree.

Adding more bass or magic processors will not remove a null.

You might want to move your seating position or change the dimensions of the room. I suspect the former is easier.