SVS-PB12-Plus upgrade...

laneza01

I have that sub now, and im thinkin i might need an upgrade soon here. it shakes the house thats for sure...i just feel like i might need a little more. now im not trying to ADD a sub, being that i dont have a ton of money, but thinkin bout selllin my SVS and buyin somethin a tad bigger. Do you think that maybe replacing it with a ED A7S - 450(with the bigger amp I guess???) would make a whole lot of difference? I think i would get more output, loooking at numbers, but maybe a little less low extension, as i have the SVS set at the 16hz extension mode? Would anyone recommend this? I guess im sorta directing this at TheEAR, as he always recommends the ED subs, and knows everything about subs... What do you think? Or should I just bite the bullet and spend the extra $600 and get the next biggest one??? the A7 - 450? Thanks. (note i have the 12.2 driver now and bout this sub in about September of 07.)

Yeah, I should try that I suppose. I would consider the ultra except its about $700 more then the ED A7S ($300 more then the A7)..and a tad bit outta my budget...I really dont care about "looks" so to speak, as I live with just myself and my roomate in a "college house" so to speak and I guess I figured I pay a little for the "nice" look of the SVS sub. (I bought the Piano Gloss just because the flat black was sold out and it had the PeQ, haha which i never used, oddly enough. oh and DIY isn't really an option, as I'm not at all gifted in that respect nor have the tools.