rs-62 or rs-7 ????

askbob1

i was considering a set of rs-7's for my rear surrounds. as i looked a little further, the rs-62 also looks like it might do as well. i'm looking for something to be a close as possible in sound to say a rb-81 soundwise, if possible. i am mounting my rear surrounds up high in the rear corners of my room due to the layout. i've tried rear surround's on stands without much success. mainly i am looking to see if anyone can give me their opinion of either set and/or a direct comparison they have experienced. thanks.

nothing like hoosier hospitality! i still have the rf-7's. that was another question or concern i had. even though they are just surrounds, how would the 62's blend with my center 7 and main 7's? what really caught my eye with the 62's is the fact that they could better cover a 180 degree area.

Bob,

I see now what your Challange is..........hopefully someone else will jump in and help. Also I'd email/call Klipsch support desk and ask them.

Contact Michael Colter too and see what his take on this is. colterphoto1 on the Form. Good Luck.

Finally what I've seen/heard here you have the most important parts covered already with the LCR 7 series speakers.

I have RF-7's and RC-7 as well. My surrounds were 4 x RS25's while I was upgrading. I went through the same questions about 4-6 months ago. Some very helpful friends on the forum explained to me that the blending (timbre matching) is important for the L-R-C of your front stage. You have that covered. If you stay in the Reference line, they will blend. It was suggested to me that the RS-62's are a new design and have a greater enveloping design.

Bottom line - I bought the RS-62's and they sound great.

By the way, I live in Indiana as well.

Dave

the more i look, the more i think the 62's will fit my room better. it seems to me they will be better tucked in the upper corners as i had hoped.

dave, how do you like your emotiva gear? have you had any other gear hooked up before to compare to?

bob

oh yeah, go IU! even without knight...