Replacing Quintet III built-in stand

Clatoo

Hello all,

I have just purchased my first Klipsch set; the Quintet 3; after dreaming of owning a Klipsch set for nearly 7 years...

I need to wall mount them in an akward position and to this end, I need to replace their "built-in stand" by a smaller one while keeping the ball joint and rod.

One can access a screw underneath to unscrew this rod from the stand, but despite my best effort, I have been unable to unscrew it and would rather wait for some advice before damaging the said screw.

Has anyone of you tried this before ?

Can it be done or is it built in such a way that I have to destroy the stand to get the rod out ? (I'd rather not !)

Maybe someone from Klipsch could answer this one for me...

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Clatoo

Hello Twistedcrankcammer,

One of the front speaker has to be fixed on a staircase ("half timbering" ? not sure about translation) which is 60 mm wide.
The other one will be inches above one's head when sitted at the dinner table.

You see, I chose the quintet because anything bigger would simply not fit inside my tiny house.

In fact, it is so small that the quintet stands look huge and ugly as the speakers will be quite close to one another. Moreover they do not allow for complete freedom of movement when orientating them but rather "straight ahead", "full 90°" left or right, or you have to get them to face downward...

Still searching although I'll probably end up using those stands as I had the speakers for a week and still no suggestion...

I can't believe no one ever had the problem before.

Regards

Hello Dannyyboyy,

You can try the omnimount 10. I can see why people are using these on quintet speakers, but :

1) I don't think it would look nice

2) I don't trust this kind of fixing

3) You can't find them where I live

4) Amazon dot com sells them, but beware that the price quoted is per unit and not per pair.

Please let us know if you go that route and how it works out for you.

Regards