RC52 center with RB81s question

richpjr

I'm looking to upgrade my speakers and due to the constraints of my home entertainment center and room layout I need to go the bookshelf route. I'd like to go with the RB81s but the RC62 is about an inch too wide to fit into my entertainment niche. I realize that the RC62 is the center for the RB81 and the RC52 is the center for the RB61, but would it kill the sound stage to use an RC52 with the RB81s? Would they be timbre matched? Of course I could go with the RB61s but like the RB81s better.

I use the RC52 center channel and it's such a robust speaker and sounds so clear I'd imagine it'll go just fine with the RB81's. They are essentially the same as the RB61's but do not dig as deep in the bass department. Personally I use RB61's on my setup and am more than satisfied with their power output and bass response. Y.M.M.V. but I'd save some money and go to the 61's and perhaps get a better or a second subwoofer.