My Custom 2 Died!

kissdadookie

I suspect that the wire died because of the L plug. When I have my iPhone in my coat pocket it's oriented vertically and since the plug is sitting with the wire in the horizontal, the wire bends upwards coming out from my coat pocket. I think that may have done it for the wire.

Not really Jay... To open them up you have to break the plastic lock. Which means they won't go back together properly. If you don't care about how they look then you can use Cyno acrylate (super glue) to glue them back together but then they are out of warranty.

We thought about replaceable cables but this would have made the chassis bigger so it was decided that we would only have a perminant cable attached.

With the all the UEs and the custom fit Westones, I've seen people replace the cable as a mod to improve sound quality. Different materials I guess, though I've never heard the benefits of recabling first hand.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Finally got my replacement set! I've been using the Audio Technica ATH-ANC3 active noise cancelling buds for the last month or so, they are a good set of buds and the active noise cancelling feature on them are superb BUT after using the Custom 2's again, the fidelity of the Audio Technica set pail in comparison to that found on the Custom 2's, I love these babies!