U2 imax in 3-D...

askbob1

i had a chance to get out and see the U2 imax concert that is also in 3D. if this show is playing anywhere near you, it is a MUST SEE! i am by no means a huge U2 fan, but they really put their all into the live show. the show was filmed in buenos aires at a very large packed stadium. the sound was amazing. the 3D format was even more amazing, especially on a 6 story screen! bono may really like the public attention, but he sure puts a lot of heart into their live show.

U-2 is a great Band, and I find I like them much better when I watch them on DVD ............... I bet 3-D is good, but for the Home Theatre Folks, try Live at Slane Castle, a stripped down, bare bones show, just the Boys and their music, My favorite U-2 after Rattle and Hum DVD !!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I read this is the same group that did the Hannah Montana / Jonas Brother.. 3-D filming!!! (Can you tell I have young kids..) LOL

And yes a A++++++ You really feel like your there...

I hope somehow they come out with this for home use.. The goggles are not red gren but polarized I think... But again, clear to the point it is scary, and wow you can go places on camera you would never feel.... even if there...

Great Concert!!

yeah the glasses they give you are clear and are pee-wee herman sized for sure!! like indy mentioned, you get a feel for the performance that you couldn't get, even live.

i actually took my girls to the hannah montana 3D movie just a couple of months back. the phenemonal 3D effect is the primary reason i went to see the u2 film. i have to admit, the hannah montana show was pretty darn good for a teeny-bopper rock show. billy ray help put together a pretty tight little band to back her up, and the kid put on a good show as well. i can't believe i just admitted to enjoying a hannah montana movie...!! lol!!

• 4 weeks later...