Kp 3002s for $400?

SGeist

Is $400 for a set of KP-3002s a good price? I got a line on a set and I believe they are in great shape. Or should I look for something else. Im looking to build a PA set for large venues (like high school gyms) and would like to get something thats loud enough in these type of areas. Will be playing country, rock, occasional hip hop, and have live vocals. Also, what sort of sub should I use with these? I know I once worked with someone else's kit and they had (i think) KP-2000s with some big subs below it (I dont have a clue as to model, but it was fairly large) Pretty sure it had at least an 18" driver. In the venue I was mixing in we didnt even use the subs as they werent needed but in many of the ones I will be doing they will be required.

Hi SGeist and welcome!!

The KP-3002's are great speakers for the venues you describe. I have purchased three pair of KP-3002 along with the KP-4000 subwoofers for a church camp and for a church school. At camp, we use a pair of 3002 with a pair of 4000 woofers outdoors and they work great.

We paid $375 for each pair of 3002 and $375 for each pair of 4000, so $400 is not far off the mark if they are in great shape. Replacement drivers and diaphragms are still available, if you get too roudy.

If you find a pair of KP-4000 woofers, you can either power them separately or buy a dividing network from Klipsch so you can drive the whole system with one amp.

The 3002's sound great by themselves, but the addition of the 4000's really adds a lot.