RCR 3 for rear surrounds?

nezff

I was wondering what you guys think of the RCR 3s for my rear surrounds in ceiling? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Im getting a brand new pair from sounddistributors.com(authorized dealer) for a good price I think. Not sure what these babies go for brand new anywhere else?

RCR-3 Specifications

frequency response 50Hz-20kHz±3dB
power handling 50 watts maximum continuous (200 watts peak)
sensitivity 93dB @ 1watt/1meter
nominal impedance 8 ohms
tweeter 1" (2.54cm) Titanium dome compression driver
high frequency horn 100° Asymetrical Tractrix® Horn
woofer 6.5" (16.51cm) Cerametallic® cone / cast polymer frame
enclosure material ABS
enclosure type Infinite baffle, front flush with ceiling
dimensions 9.25" (23.5cm)
cutout dimensions 8.25" (21cm)
mounting depth 4.5" (11.43cm)
installation kit R-650-IK
weight 4 lbs. (1.8kg)
finishes White
built from 2005
built until 2007

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130194535850&ssPageName=ADME:B:BODO:US:1

thanks

yeah, I thought they would be ok. I was in between some RS42s or these. My wife isnt a big fan of the speakers on the wall in ou living room. i dont mind them on the walls, they would just be a problem in our living room. So, steve these would sound great? Are these still in production, whats the deal with them? thanks alot.

• 3 weeks later...

My guy is all out of the RCR 3, he said he would hook me up with the RCR 5 for the same price.

Are these ok, or overkill? 8 inch woofer in the ceiling wow. My onkyo puts out 90 watts per channel, is this ok for this 50 watts rms speakers?

Not that I would even follow my own advice, I'm getting ready to put a pair of RCW-5 in the ceiling as my rear surround. I'm using R-5650-S as the main surround, in the wall by the way.[8-)] I'm thinking the receiver will be able to balance things out, Denon 4308 CI. The under wattage of surround speakers has me concerned too.Not that they are under powered, its just the 50 verses the 140 watts, Denon spec. I am guessing that surroundspeakers will not have the same requirements as the front. Limiters on the output transistors would be a good idea!

18r
StanO