Replaced sat-side mosfets. Need input on situation...

Daniel53

Hi Everyone,

My amp was going out for a while in that the sats would turn off after about 20min of use. Now they completely went out...I read up about the mosfet replacement, and decided to give it a try.

I replaced the satellite side mosfets on the BASH switch board (part NTE2395), and fired it up. It works at high volumes, but with a ton of static. I discovered on accident that if I short out ANY 2 pins on either MOSFET, everything works 100%. I'm tempted to just solder two of the legs together, pack it back up and be fine....however I'm thinking that by shorting 2 of the legs on the mosfet, it is being completely bypassed and not regulating voltage.

If anyone has any suggestions i'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks

Daniel

• 2 years later...

I sent Elliott my amp. When I emailed him multiple times to inquire about service, shipping, payment he was immediately able to respond and give details. He told me the turnaround time on the amp repair would be 20 days from the time it was shipped. It is now past that allotted time and I've emailed elliott several times and have gotten no response. I would far greatly prefer to have a working amp than to have to go through the process of a dispute with pay pal and my credit card company. From what I read here, his promised 20 day turnaround doesn't seem to happen very often, but declining to reply to customers is very bad business. I found elliott through these forums and I will post my experience here as well.

• 7 months later...

Since you jacked the thread I'll add my 2 cents.

I've read about several people that are not happy with Elliot and his service. However it seems to me the majority of people "eventually" got their speakers working again. Maybe it took too long for most kids to accept I don't know. Fact is Elliot doesn't snap his fingers and your amps is repaired. Most kids don't know the time involved in repairing these. Most are not a simple one resistor solder job. Elliot most likely has to order parts. That takes time. He probably has other things to do with his life and your amp is not high on his list. There are other places that do repairs. Stpetesheperd, heard good things from him. And this place http://www.sybesmas.com/home.html . And you sent him the amp. You had options if you'd do a little reading. Maybe you didn't know?

You can post your experience with Elliot all you want. Just do it in your own new thread. You seem passionate about dogging out Elliot. If he deserves it then so be it. Again please start your own post about it.

cityjim