Eric Clapton in Noblesville

Got excited a while back that Eric Clapton was coming to a venue close to Cleveland, where I originally heard Klipsch speakers. The weekend the tickets went on sale I was preoccupied with chores around the house and it totally slipped my mind. Later that next week got to looking through my ticketmaster heads-up email. Tried to snag a few tickets then, but unfortunately I was too late. Just thought I would see where else he was playing, Deer Creek was listed. Called my cousin, who I had seen Phish with at Deer Creek, to see if was interested in going. His reply was heck yes, he elaborated that he never thought that he would make it back to Deer Creek. He thought Clapton would be a good enough excuse to make the five hour trek and so now we had a game plan.

What I curious to know is there anyone from around that area that might be going. We are anticipating leaving early that Friday morning, going over to Close By Campground and setting up camp. Possibly enjoying a few beverages, and taking in a heck of a show. I would like to get together and meet some of the forum members if at all possible. Depending on what time we hit the road may even stop at the headquarters of this loudspeaker company, maybe you've heard of them "Klipsch." Wouldn't want to miss a great photo opportunity ;)

post-20547-13819367768126_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Are tickets to Indy (Noblesville) sold out also? I live just a short drive from Verizon ( no one is truly close to there, its in a cornfield)

Have you been there lately? It's slowly being swallowed by housing developments.

If you can get to Verizon (Deer Creek) this year, you should do it before it's gone. It almost sold a few months ago but the deal fell through. The neighbors just don't want the noise and crowds anymore... It's too bad, cause it's a great venue. I remember when it was built...been there too many times to count.

Guest srobak

Same thing happened in Tinley Park, IL (SW Chicago burbs)... the design was almost identical to Deer Creek... it closed after last years concert season ended. Expect to see a subdivision there in a couple years as well.

If you don't want/like the noise associated with a concert venue - DON'T LIVE NEXT TO ONE! It was there before you were!

People are just really, really dumb sometimes. :(

I wonder if Ravinia is next...

Eric Clapton is a great show, but now that I have a pair of
LaScalas and a 50” Plasma & a upconverting DVD player I can see a
Clapton concert anytime in my home. The best part is I don’’t have to
drink crap beer for 7 dollars a cup & I have my own bath room.

Plus you can’t order a pizza @ a concert venue.

Here are some suggestions for some great clapton shows on DVD.

(1) Robert Johnson Sessions.

(2) Both Crossroads shows Dallas & Chicago

(3) One more car One more Rider from LA. I start out every friday night with this one,

Builly Preston & David Sanctious , It does not get any better than that.

(4) Live from Hide Park

(5). Cream from Royal Albert Hall. My LaScalas love this one.

(6) Concert For George.

I never was much of a Clapton fan but he sure makes great live concert DVD’s.

Good luck with the concert tickets.

P.s Amy your son is the coolest, I am sure his father is very proud. Especialy that he keeps you on your toes.

Micheal,

Just looked, it appears that there are still lawn tickets available, thats what we have.

Amy,

That really stinks to hear that the venue may not be with us much longer. We saw Phish there on the final tour in 2004. I'm kind of glad that this opportunity has presented itself. I think this is one of my favorite venues, Alpine was nice but too steep in the lawn. By the way what was your favorite show at Deer Creek.

Sam

• Moderators

By the way what was your favorite show at Deer Creek.

Wow, too many to pick a favorite. Tom Petty, maybe? Or one of the several Mellencamp shows. Steve Miller, Aerosmith, Pearl Jam, Kiss, Van Halen, Jimmy Buffet (don't like his music, but some of the best people watching ever), GnR, Lalapalooza was fun, as were the other music festivals with several bands... I'll have to do some hard core remembering to come up with all the shows I've seen there over the past 20 years. Let me get back to ya :)

I would love to see ERIC's New Band ............. He played with those other guys for 20 years ........ He's best DVD, in my opinion, is One more Car, One more Rider, a great overview of the Music of his career so far ............. Wonderful performance, great song selection, acoustic, and electric ..... I can't wait until they releash a DVD featuring the new band ...... Another page in the book ..... EH !!!!!!!!

Same thing happened in Tinley Park, IL (SW Chicago burbs)... the design was almost identical to Deer Creek... it closed after last years concert season ended. Expect to see a subdivision there in a couple years as well.

Are you talking about First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre in Tinley Park? If so it is still open.

James