Dolby Digital 5.1

EdMorabito

I have a Toshiba DVD player and an ACT3 Signal Proc. When I start to watch a movie, I have to switch from AV1 - AV2 and back for the ACT3 to switch from prologic mode to Dolby Digital. The display itself shows Dolby, but not the lights on the right side. Anyone have this problem happen to them?

this dude had a similar prob. u may want to post over at the Mondial-Acurus section, or call adam at mondial.

I found that if the Act3 is conected to anything that has a cable (tv cable) pluged

into it, that this is the reason for the humm. In my situation anyway. If my cable

goes directly into my tv and I have an s-video from the tv to the act3 I get

humm. If I go cable to vcr than to tv still get it. If I unplug the cable all humm is

gone an my system sounds great no other noise at all. I have called mondial

designs and asked them about this and they knew about but gave me a

sugestion. Buy one there little boxes that will remove the humm. So they do

know that this problem exists. I dont need cable anyway so i leave it unlpugged

till the wife wants to watch tv... next problem...signal detection, yes im having

that problem too. If I turn the preamp on and I turn my dvd player on and spin

up a dolby digital disk the Act3 will remain in stereo mode until I press the select

button on the remote twice. The first time I press it the signal light will jump down

to pro logic, the second time I press it, it will jump back up to Dolby Digital mode

and play fine until I change the format. However if im playing a DTS dvd the Act3

will select DTS mode on its own. Other than these 2 set backs this unit is perfect.

I am mainly concerned with the quality of sound that I get and it is superb. I get

no his at all. for the price of this unit, and the suport that you get from the

comany who gave us this fine piece of equipment you can't realy go wrong. If you

are a fan of good sounding music and movies, find you one these

units..................

------------------

My Home Systems Page

Not switching to Ac-3 mode is a common problem with the ACT-3. Part of the problem may be with your DVD player. Can it be set to default to AC-3 (DD 5.1) rather than Pro Logic (4.0) or DD 2.0? Sometimes a DVD will have all sorts of different sound tracks on it.

John