Reciever sudjestions for the quintet system

Nate

I have the quintet system with the 12' sub. I am currently running it all off a fairly cheap yamaha reciever. Does anyone have any sudjestion for a reciever upgrgade. I have a very limited knowledge of recievers, and don't know what kind of options they have, but it is important to me to be able to run stereo cds of of all 4 satalite speakers for that full sound as opposed to front heavy. any sudjestions are appreciated.

This message has been edited by Nate on 01-19-2002 at 08:47 PM

I'm not really sure what you mean by "be able to run stereo cds of of all 4 satalite speakers ". Do you want the same exact thing to be coming out of both the front and rear speakers & not the mains(front) primarily playing with the rears filling in with spatial effects? At any rate many others on this board including myself would highly suggest the Outlaw 1050 @ outlawaudio.com. This baby rocks.

------------------

Outlaw 1050 A/V Receiver

Rega P3 Turntable

AMC CD8b CD Player

Toshiba 3108 DVD Player

Klipsch KG 4.2s(main)

2 Dynaco A-10/V IIs(centers)

Cerwin Vega E-706s(rears)

Cerwin Vega LW-12(sub)

Parasound PPH-100 Phono Preamp

Vampire Wire Digital Interconnects & Speaker Wire

That is exactly what I mean. I have an option on my current reciever that is labeled "disco" where the center channel is disabled(it also adds some reverb, but I turn that off). What you get is a very wide sound field from the sides with the rear speakers just being sent stereo signal. Its just a preference of mine for listening to music. Unfortunitly several of the recievers I have looked at have not had a way to do this(or I just didn't see it right off without having to individually set each speaker level). Also, I know the sub is powered, but will a change of reciever change the tone of my sub any? thanks for the sudjestions so far i'll look into those.