5 Channel Amplifier Question

mbash

I am looking to up grade for the 3rd time in 12 months(my wife is pissed). I am looking at the Musical Fidelity Ht600 5 channel amp. I listen to 2 channel but also like good movies as well. Look like all the info I find the amp is made for the Forte II that I use for my main listening room. I am currently using a B&K AVC 5000 II with the same power ratings but hear the other is much more musical. Can anyone shed some lite on the subject.....Any info would be appreciated.....

Forte II , Academy center KG 2.2V Surrounds, Rel Q201 sub bass Parrasound 2500u processor

bash
I have already posted this question on the 2 channel thread no response here ya go HT nut like me

Musical Fidelity are more refined then the B&K (amps that is),each Musical Fidelity amp I have heard was nothing less than great,smooth and not overly so and very detailed. Your call if you seriously hear an audible gain and have no regrets ..go for it. It there is doubt,stay with the B&K.

Where I am sure you would be making a serious jump is with a Celeste MOON Titan power amp. But here the size and price puts it in the ubber class.

I really appreciate your opinion you come very highly regarded as "THE MAN". I have already sold the B&K and am waiting for the delivery of the Musical Fidelity. I own a back up Parasound HCA1206 6 channel to fall back on if I don't like the MF which I doubt very seriously I would not like the sound.