Onkyo TX-SR805 vs. Pioneer Elite VSX-92TXH

InVeNtOr

i was curious, why did you decide to go with the 875 vs the 805? i didn't see too many differences, except the bigger one, video upconversion. what were your reasons?

About 2000 reasons. Specifically all the standard dvd titles I have not to mention the 1080i signal from time warner that would benefit from an up conversion to 1080p.

this kinda combines two posts i have, which you have also responded to....

is this statement correct.....

if you have the 875 a toshiba hd-a3, all hooked up with a hdmi, and you are watching a standard dvd, will the toshiba up convert it to 1080i, and then after it passes through the processor, it will be upconverted again to 1080p?

i am just curious, i will have a 720p tv anyway, so it doesn't matter to me, hence the 805 choice...

so by your responce the selling factor was the video upscaling. kewl....

this kinda combines two posts i have, which you have also responded to....

is this statement correct.....

if you have the 875 a toshiba hd-a3, all hooked up with a hdmi, and you are watching a standard dvd, will the toshiba up convert it to 1080i, and then after it passes through the processor, it will be upconverted again to 1080p?

i am just curious, i will have a 720p tv anyway, so it doesn't matter to me, hence the 805 choice...

so by your responce the selling factor was the video upscaling. kewl....

Honestly, in your case it really doesn't matter b/c the best you will get is 720p. But, according to Onkyo specs it will upconvert any signal it receives to 1080p.