THX System Choice

ensmarcum

Alright, another question,

I was wondering if anyone would know, would it be better to get the KL525 fronts instead of the KL-650's for the THX 7.2 system? Would the 525's in the front be better all around to match all the 525's in the back and sides? Wouldnt that make a better match for timbre and more of a seamless sound stage? I think the 650's would rock but would it be better with all the same size speakers around you in the theater? Thanks.

Droopy

Go with the bigger 650's up front. Don't forget the subs, too!

Sides and backs not quite as crucial.. It is close enough Timbre wise..

Those that hear the 650 vs the 525's, I think would almost always pick the 650's.

The biggest thing, timbre wise, is your front three.

Enjoy!

Guest BobG

Reducing the performance of the three front speakers to get perfect match to the sides and rears is not worth it. There is a considerable performance difference between the 525 and the 650. How about using 650's in the rear instead of 525's. That way you get the best of both worlds. It's not necessarily cost effective but what the heck; you only live once!

I have seen / heard 2 sets of the 525's so 4 of them..2 on the side..and 2 behind you... It was pretty good..

I agree with BobG, go at least three 650's up front.. if you have $$ get them for the rears, do that too. Use the 525's as they were designed for..the sides...

Don't forget the subs too? The KA 1000 THX Ultra 2 amp and KSW 120 THX subs are a great fit!!