Trouble with AA crossover network

Sky Hits

Esteemed sages of Heritage Heaven:

I haven't written in a long time because I've been enjoying my 1977 La Scalas with no trouble. Until the other day when the left channel midrange seemingly conked out. No sound at all. I swapped the drive witht the right channel and can confirm that it isn't a problem with the driver at all. I checked all of the connections in the AA network, looked for anything loose or clipped, and can't seem to find the culprit. Admittedly, I'm in a little over my head. My friend has a voltmeter I can borrow, but I'm wondering if any of you have advice to offer.

Thanks as always!

Seth in Chicago

Well, problem solved! But it wasn't the La Scalas' fault after all. My circa 1980's Sony integrated amp has two pairs of output channels. Apparently there is degradation in channel A left side. I switched to using channel B and have restored the sound. Using an old B&O tester vinyl, I can hear the two channels at just about equal strength. Thanks as always for the advice, Bob. Perhaps it will be useful for another Klipscher down the line. Much appreciated.

Seth