RF 82 - performance ? with a marantz 7002

expresso

hi - i would like to know from others how have the RF 82 and anyone who knows about this model in general -

i just finished my first HT - i have a marantz 7002 - marantz cd player - blu ray and sony megachanger -

i am using my KG3's i had for the past 15 years - sound great still - even better with the marantz - i am using other brand for the center and rears and sub --

my main thing was music at first - then did the whole HT thing - - ok i got the itch to upgrade -- my problem is i really love the RF 83's but dont have the room - the most i would have is about 6 inchs behind the speaker and wall if i get the RF 83's -- thats really pushing it i think - not sure how much room you would need - -

so i am looking at the RF 82 because of limited space -- my question is - how deep do they sound -- how is the bass -- does it give a good kick ? i listen to music with direct mode - by pass the sub - so i like them to hold there own -- i use the sub also - but i like to change it every now and then --

so would the RF 82's give me the deep bass alone with no sub with the 7002 ? and how would they compare to the KG3's i have now ?

i will bi-amp them in the future since i am running a 5.1 setup only -- but will break them in normally and use them that way for a while so when i do bi-amp - i hope to notice the difference if any --

can anyone give me some facts on the RF 82's and how good can i expect from them -

thanks -

Expresso!

Is that you?! aka "expresso712"?!!!! Caught cha! Over here at Klipsch, gallivanting! HA!

It's surprising that no one has responded to your inquiry..... strange.

Any way, As you probably know, you should by now anyway, that I have a Marantz SR9300/Klipsch Reference RF35 combination. Older models indeed, but, same DNA!

I can tell you that connecting my RF35 pkg to the Marantz was the best thing I did for those speakers. Why? Because of the horn design, Klipsch's are extremely efficient. The Reference line has often been labeled as "Too Bright". And in some cases, that's probably accurate, depending on what you listen too. The Marantz amplifiers are known to be on the warm side of sound. This in my opinion is the perfect blend! Without all the scientific jargon..... "Expresso", no worries! The combination will be outstanding! An example, I had my RF35's connected to a Yamaha RX-V3000 AV Receiver. Now understand, in it's hey day, the 3000 was a highly regarded AVR. It weighs 51lbs! A strong amp section, and I thought the Yamaha and Klipsch sounded really good. But when I connected the Marantz,.... big difference! There's no comparison. And understand, this Yamaha AVR was built prior to when they started to compromise on the amp's tolerances. For instance, lower damping factor ratings, increased THD ratings, etc... So moral of the story, The Marantz outperformed the old school, built to the nines, Yamaha! IMO of course! And I was a Yamaha man from way back! After I heard the Marantz, I defected immediately!

So, if you are wondering if the Marantz is a good match for the Klipsch Reference speakers...... without question!

Regards.

ldgibson76 (I go by lboogie76 on this site!)