Center Channel Speaker Help?

jbd

I am working on the dimensions for my H/T wall that will house my A/V equipment. I know that it is ideal to have the center speaker under the tv set, but that may not be possible for me. I have a fireplace that is 43" up from the floor. I want to mount the center speaker above the fireplace and then the tv above that, but the tv will be way too high. We would have to look up to watch. Can I mount the tv set above the fireplace, and then put the center speaker above the tv and angle it downward towards the viewing area? The top of the speaker will be about 84" from the floor. Is this absolutely nuts? It may be hard to picture, but I don't think I have any other options for center speaker placement.

This whole project is crazy! I am basically covering an old brick wall w/built in fireplace. I am going to leave the fireplace (roughly 43x50) and cover it with some stone. Since I will have this "false wall", there will be room to do the center as a built in with enough depth. I am just worried it will be too high.

If I am going with a 50" tv and centering it on a 13' wall, how should I place/distance my fronts?