Name those Speakers

mr84monte

Hi,

When I bought these speakers like 4 or 5 years ago, there was a big mix up. I think the guy I bought them from, was trying to make some extra commission. I wanted some .5's for rear speakers, in light oak (to match the sub) Also wanted a light oak center channel (not sure of the number) but after 2-3 months of waiting, I finally showed up to the store (on the salesman's lunch), to ask what was up. I pre-paid for the center. Well come to find out, I was lost in the system, then when my name was found, they said (why is it in that area buried) Anyway The manager said they can no longer get either of those in light oak, but for all your troubles, let see what we can do. So I ended up with these rears at a discount and a KV3 center for the same price as I was going to pay for the other center, which was $179 less. But the rears do not say what model they are on the backs, and the receipt still says light oak.5 Does anyone recognize these? Thanks

This message has been edited by mr84monte on 01-23-2002 at 04:53 PM

KG-.5's were only offered in vinyl. Black for the most part white for a short period of time. The closest speaker that came in real oak was the KG-1 later replaced by the KG-1.5. Both the KV-2 and KV-3 were offered in real wood finishes.