Where are the RB 5II's?

KLA

I have been trying to get a pair of these since the end of November. My local Tweeter (Houston) tells me that they will order them from Klipsch as soon as they are made available to them. Now I know, by reading these forums, that may of you have these speakers (RB 5-II's). Why does tweeter seem to have a problem? They blame it on Klipsch not beeing able to produce of the "new" speakers. Is anyone else having this problem?

KLA

I was at my local Tweeter a couple of months ago and they didn't have the RB5II's on display only the RB3's. I think it came down to the fact that he wanted to sell the Boston Acoustics VRM 50's instead. He wouldn't set them up for us and said that the only difference between the 3's and the 5II's was extended base response. Sorry, but that isn't the case. I went over to another local Klipsch dealer and they had the whole Reference line on display. I could tell more of a difference between the two other than bass response. Bottom line, they are available.

------------------

My System So Far:

Fronts: KLF 10 (Med. Oak)

Center: KLF C7 (Med. Oak)

Surrounds: Def. Tech BP6

Sub: SW-12II (Black Ash)

Receiver: H/K AVR 25II

DVD: Panasonic DVDR31S

CD: Yamaha CDC 655

Klipsch has no problem delivering RB-5II to any of our dealers. I believe that Tweeter is more confident in a Klipsch bookshelf speaker at $650 a pair than at $850 a pair. Our view is different, but they are customer and we can only suggest they reconsider. It is not uncommon for manufacturers to be 'blamed' for decisions made by the retailers.

BTW, Showcase in Phoenix is a Tweeter owned operation.

Would it be unrealistic for me to ask tweeter to order me a pair? They act like they are unavailable to order, it sounds like they just don't want to order in bulk. Hopefully they can just order me a pair. I originally bought the pair of 3's planning on upgrading to 5's and they new it.

Thanks

KLA