4.1's to surroundsound system?

Gumpo10k

i've got a sett of klipsch 4.1's for my computer, (recently purchased and i think im one of two or three people on this forums who's actually works, no offense klipsch - i like em alot.) anyway, i was wondering if it is possible to hook up the entire system to my surroundsound system for my television.

the tv's audio goes out to my Sony MHC 50-disc player, which has 5.1 surround sound. well, the .1 is missing, because it didnt include the wubwoofer. at any rate, it has all the plugs in the back that would allow me to plug them in, but im not quite sure about the subwoofer. its output goes into the speaker with the control unit, and im not sure about removing it.

basically, im wondering if the subwoofer would work, (and the other speakers) by either unplugging the control box or buying an audio cable for it.

Rock On...

If you want to use your promedia's with your system, you will have to use them connected to unamplified channels... here is a picture of a 5.1 output that would work for what you want to do, just ignore the far right connections as they do not matter for you...

51output.jpg

If youre cd player has RCA front L/R and rear L/R outputs, then your are ok, but if they are spring clips for bare wire, you will chance blowing the speakers.

If you do have the RCA outputs, get two RCA stereo to mini stereo cord, gold plated if possible, and then two mini stereo couplers, also gold plated. Plug the RCA's into the outputs on your cd player and then put on the couplers to the mini ends, then plug the mini stereo cords from the promedia's into the couplers, now you are set Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

ProMedia 5.1 Placement Help s>

my Sony has the bare spring clips, so i guess im screwed in that department, but for the subwoofer it does have an RCA or stereo type output, so could i hook up the subwoofer, at least?

I gues it doesnt really matter, since im gonna me buying some Synergy speakers and a new receiver soon anyway.

thanks man, you may have just saved my speakers lives.

Rock On

muhahahahah, the synergy's Smile.gif i sure love my dad's Smile.gif he has teh Synergy 6 system. sounds like heaven, and for under $1000 Smile.gif

don't just hook up your sub... that would be a waste IMHO...

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

ProMedia 5.1 Placement Help s>