Mario Kart Wii

wheelman

I was thinking about buying this game but I wasn't sure on how it played, if I turn a corner, I want to turn a corner, does the wheel(remote) have very good response with this game?? And is it similar to the first one where you shoot others with the shells, and drop bananas etc.???

Fun factor out of 10?

Thanks

I was thinking about buying this game but I wasn't sure on how it played, if I turn a corner, I want to turn a corner, does the wheel(remote) have very good response with this game?? And is it similar to the first one where you shoot others with the shells, and drop bananas etc.???

Fun factor out of 10?

Thanks

Hi,

I think the wheel works great some vehicles handle different. So you have some with more play in the steering and others are tighter plus there are bikes in this one. It's part of it's charm start with the wheel and stick with it, you can use just about any controller for it, but stick to the wheel that's where it's at. It adds to the excitement you get more into it. To tell you the truth I never played any other Kart game other than this one. You can shoot shells, and drop bananas IF you run into a "box" and it spins on that like a slot machine. I like the retro vibe yet enhanced graphics it offers. Fun factor? I am very picky so I would say about an 8. The 150cc class is bugger to win and you got to to open up new tracks. I wish I had broadband internet it is wifi. I don't think you will regret this purchase it's just got a classic feel to it, and I feel it's one of the wii's better games. I hope that helps you. :)

By the way the wheel is small like a GoKarts so it isnt' that tiring to use. Pull up on it for wheelies with the bike, or in mid air for tricks on any vehicle.

Its a really addicting game.My buddies and I get together almost every week and race against each other. As far as the wheel is concerned, its cool, and you can win on it. however if you want to have persice aiming with shells and stearing on sharp turns, the older game cube controller is where its at.

• 2 weeks later...

Fun factor out of 10?

Thanks

Hi,

I think the wheel works great some vehicles handle different. So you have some with more play in the steering and others are tighter plus there are bikes in this one. It's part of it's charm start with the wheel and stick with it, you can use just about any controller for it, but stick to the wheel that's where it's at. It adds to the excitement you get more into it. To tell you the truth I never played any other Kart game other than this one. You can shoot shells, and drop bananas IF you run into a "box" and it spins on that like a slot machine. I like the retro vibe yet enhanced graphics it offers. Fun factor? I am very picky so I would say about an 8. The 150cc class is bugger to win and you got to to open up new tracks. I wish I had broadband internet it is wifi. I don't think you will regret this purchase it's just got a classic feel to it, and I feel it's one of the wii's better games. I hope that helps you. :)

By the way the wheel is small like a GoKarts so it isnt' that tiring to use. Pull up on it for wheelies with the bike, or in mid air for tricks on any vehicle.

GameSpot gave it an 8.5 in there review. So your "8" seems to be pretty much in line with what most other folks are giving it. This game is definitly worth checking out, especially if you did like the old Mario Kart games (I remember playing it all the way back on the Super NIntendo). I've played it on the demo unit at the local Best Buy. I'll have to go pick it up for myself.