gel sizes Custom v Image

oldcelt1

Hi again!

I liked my Custom 1's so much I decided to bite the bullet and go for the Image x10's too.

Having just tried them I was just wondering if it's strange that I seem to prefer a different gel size in these to the Custom 1's? Was i using the wrong size in the Custom 1's? They've only just arrived in the post so I know I need to play some more, but my initial reaction is that in the Custom 1's I need the large flange and in the Image x10 I prefer the small flange.

PS They sound incredible!

Not at all. The Custom models seal in the outside part of the ear canal, the tiny Image models seal deeper in the ear canal where it's smaller.

Simple test - stick your finger in your ear - the part of the ear canal around your finger is where the Custom models create a seal. The part of the ear canal that gets smaller just beyond the tip of your finger (for me anyway) is where the Image seal.

The Custom models are flat with one's outer ear for most people. The Image models pretty much disappear into one's ear.

I use the large flange with my Custom 2, sometimes thinking I might need an extra large, and have used the medium and even small successfully when I've tried the Image models.

One word of caution - make sure you lock the tip onto the nozzle as the tips will come off if not properly attached to the nozzle (that locking ring feature). Not that I'd have any experience with such a thing.... [:$]

Congratulations on your new Image X10. Pretty darn incredible aren't they? You can literally feel the bass in your head.

My all too brief demos of both Image models have convinced me that they're much easier to use correctly and MUCH more comfortable - no real adjustment period.

Enjoy!