SS.5 or SS-1 Surrounds?

ddeen

I have a Yamaha RX-V620 with Norman Lab 11 main speakers and Klipsch KSC-C1 center.

I want to buy either the SS-1's or the SS.5's.

SS.5's are smaller and cheaper but will the SS-1 sound better with my system? Or do they just sound better, period?

Duane

Duane - While I'm glad you have Klipsch in your system, and are considering more, I have to wonder how well the Klipsch center matches (tone/timbre-wise) with your main speakers. I've never heard them, so I don't know what they are like. Usually you get the best front soundstage using matched speakers. If you notice a big difference in sound as it travels across the front soundstage, you might want to invest first in a different pair of main speakers or a different center channel. Just MHO.

Doug

------------------

My System

The Norman Laboratories 11's have (2) 1" tweeters and (1) 10" woofer each. These speakers are 20 years old and I think Norman Laboratories went out of business years ago. I bought them together with a Yamaha CR-440 (30 watts/channel) receiver from a HiFi shop in 1980.

I did have to reduce the output of the KSC-C1 to match the output of the 11's. The overload switches are getting flaky in the 11's, so I may be getting a loss of output in them.

Duane