cornscala build w/some questions

thumperxes

Let me start by saying that I have read a lot of the cornscala and Cornwall port topics but I have a couple of questions that I either never found or missed over.

For starters I will build a prototype before I get the real 1” mdf with my choice of exotic wood on it I am thinking about using from brookside veneer. And have the veneer go horizontal around the speaker. Not like the traditional vertical grain.

http://www.veneers.com/list_veneers.htm?2-1-Medium

Zebrawood
Color: Medium
Part No: 650/00/Y17

I’m planning on building a split cornscala with the unfortunate inside dimensions of 22.25x22.25x22.25 so I will be able to have a 22.25 with for my port. All sides of the box are hopefully going to be 1” mdf pending transportation. What I want to do for looks is to have the look or the look of 3 separate ports on the bottom of the cab. (These will be seen) aesthetics. My 3 ports will be seen on the front of the speaker and only the woofer will be covered with a grill. The woofer that will be used is Bob Crites cast woofer.

Cornwall/cornscala general questions

1. I know that the port in the cornwall is of a shelf type with 3 port openings are the spacers in between the ports relevant to make it act like 3 individual ports or does it just act like 1 big slot port
  2. What I am looking for are some opinions and advice on what to do the space between the ports will be 1” so each port will be 6.75 wide but how high should I make it. Right now I am going with 2.5 which will give me a port area of 50.625 sq in if I go with 3 separate ports
  3. Should I just go with two 1” dividers on the front of the port to make it only one shelf with the look of 3 separate ports?
  4. tuning frequency what would you go with this is and open question it does not half to be the same as the cornwall could be a personal preference right now I think I will go wit 37 Hz.
Any suggestions and help will be appreciated

"Should I just go with two 1” dividers on the front of the port to make it only one shelf with the look of 3 separate ports?"

Thats actually what it is...one shelf internally....appearance of multiple tunnels, but actually only one.

Your not really building a cornwall...but here's a thread from one I built. I've seen drawings for 2, 3, and I think even 4 port one.

http://forums.klipsch.com:forums:t:77772.aspx%3FPageIndex=8.webloc

post-22082-13819399585358_thumb.jpg

post-22082-13819409735724_thumb.jpg