KP3002 and KP 4000 C2 advice

joeydingo

I just bought a pair of KP3002s and a pair of KP4000 C2s. Previous owner was a DJ and said that he ran the satellites and the subs with two separate amps. I have read here before that Klipsch had a factory option that allowed input of all power to the 3002s and then split off the low end to the subs, allowing you to use just one amp.

Anyone familiar with this and could provide more details?

I don't plan on using these for DJ purposes, just gonna set them out on the deck to let the neighbors all know that the meat is on the grill and the beer is flowing..............

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Klipsch makes a dividing network that replaces the input panel on the KP-4000. I just bought and installed four of them in the 3002/4000 systems we use at church camp. One amp runs all four cabs.

Call Steve Philips in tech support. He can give you the part number. Then call parts and order them. I can't, for the life of me, remember how much they cost.

These speaker combos really sound good!!

They are available. Part number 116413. They are described in the parts systems as simply "KP4000 Network", so not real obvious without some digging that it is indeed what Bill Hendrix and I were both looking for. 7 were available and I purchased 2, so 5 left for some lucky soul.

Bill, thanks again, as well as to Steve Philips in Tech Support and Jeremy in Parts Dept.

I would like advice on powering these bad boys up. The power listing for the 3002s is 500 watts, nothing listed on the 4002 C2s, but seems like I've seen them listed at 600 watts somewhere in the past. Since I am getting the "KP4000 network" that will send signal below 150 HZ to the subs and everything above to the satellites--- that allows use of one amp for subs and satellites. Wondering what two channel amp would be recommended to drive them fully without excess distortion. I know well the efficiency of Klipsch speakers, but this is my first experience with the Pro stuff, so am a novice in this area.

Seems like QSC and Crown are two favorites, but certainly not stuck on those brands.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Two thoughts, one is to not get enought power to blow them (under the rated spec), but pro guys are known to have 2x to 4x the rated power available in order to have ample headroom for clean peaks (to avoid blowing speakers out).

Let your wallet be your guide. You could utilize up to 800 wpc but that's one monster amp like a Crown K2.