discounted LSII's at Vann's: going, going...

jdm56

...almost gone!

One cherry and one black "non-matching veneer" La Scala II's left. So if you want a single, you better get with it! (They had three black ones a couple of days ago.) I guess I sat on the pot a bit too long. Bad thing is, the next pair they have will probably be at least $500 higher than these, since the msrp just went up from $2750 to $3000/ea. These, at $1750 apiece are/were a steal! ...well, almost.

Still, I wonder how noticeable the unmatched veneer would be. I would think it might not be too obvious with black, but maybe more so with lighter wood. That's one reason I didn't bite. Plus, I'm just not absolutely sure I wanna spend that kind of money on a a pair of speakers again. But I know ain't nothing gonna touch'em under $4k. Man, I wish they had oak as standard finish...

Oh well, enough daydreaming...continue with your regularly scheduled programming.

I plan to keep checking back to see if they have a pair of either black or cherry available again. My concern was that the grain, especially on the cherry, might be obviously different, but from pics I've seen, the grain isn't that pronounced anyway. I can't imagine it would be obvious with the black at all.