are they worth???

dheerpat

hi all..i am from india..i m planning to upgrade to premiumin ear phone...currently i use creative ep 630..they cost me around 45 us$ here(1 usd=45 india rupees)...i came across various brands on ebay like seinhieser and klipsch amongst premiuim earphones...shure and etymotic are not availble here..

klipsh rannge include image and custom 1 2 3...image costs around 12900 and custom 3 12300..differenceis 600 ..which one i choose...also is it worth buying these high end earphones? will i be noticing substatial difference in sound quality from my ep 630..which i realy like ....will the money spent worth it? i prefer heavybass, of course not at the cost of clarity...i have 80 gb ipod and cowon a3..

please guide..

thanx..dheeraj

The Custom 1 should be a pretty big improvement over what you're currently using though I've no experience with the Creative models.

The Custom 2 are a step up with much improved bass and I think better clarity

The Image X5 which are the newest to the lineup are not as tiny as the original Image X10 but are also very easy to use and comfortable. The bass is not going to be quite as good as the Image X10 and the Custom 3 but the highs are closer to the Custom 3 and clearer than the Image X10. I've not really tried the Custom 3 but I have compared th Image X5 with the Image X10 and my Custom 2 and the Image X5 had clearer highs and didn't seem to be lacking in the bass.

The Custom 3 are going to provide the absolute best sound - the deepest bass and the clearest hihgs

The Image X10 (the original Image) are by far the most comfortable and easiest to use, just stick 'em in and they're ready to go. The bass is really good but the highs are not as clear as the Image X5 and the Custom 3

The Image models are the most comfortable and easiest to use - just stick 'em in and you're good to go.

The Custom models require a bit more work to get a proper seal and aren't as easy to forget that they're in your ears as the Image models. They'll also stay put better if you're planning on using them while exercising or other activities.

There are quite a few threads here about all of them. Most are older so you'll have to click the options and change your preferences to see all threads as the default is the ones that are only 2 months old.

Should you decide on the Klipsch phones you probably won't be disappointed with any of them. I have Custom 2 and they do sound incredible. I couldn't justify the cost of the Image X10 at the time but the newer Image X5 would've been a good alternative as it's not a whole lot more than the Custom 2.

Good luck!