More on QRDs and poly-cyl

damonrpayne

I dug out my copy of Master Handbook of Acoustics, 4th edition, which I can appreciate much more today than when I first got it. At any rate, the math for 1d (and probably 2d, if I follow correctly) QRDs is in here, as is the math for Primative Root Diffusors (ala RPG skyline). I'm going to be working on an application such that you can see an example QRD plan, and then tweak the min and max frequencies you'd like to diffuse, and generate a plan for building said QRD. I think I'm going to test this out by building a large period 1d out of stain-grade wood for the back wall of my room.

I thought I had read somewhere that the width and depth of the arc of a poly cylindar diffusor affected what frequencies it would diffuse, but the book contains no math related to cylindars.

Way cool - so will there be a new Silverlight application coming up? [;)]

I should be able to whip a few together and do some measurements at my new place, so I'd definitely like to stay in the loop if you're looking for some proof of performance.